Dr. Bothyna Sedrak Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Bothyna Sedrak?

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Bothyna Sedrak?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

December 6th, 2016

Big Mistake going here if I could give negative star i would have!!

Our Appointment was for 1015 we were called at 1135 Took my 4 year old(with 10 month old baby in tow) for a fever and coughing so bad it makes her throw up. We waited for over an hour and Dr.Sedrak spent maybe 5 minutes with us she did not take my daughter's temperature neither did the nurse.She did not tell me anything after examining her i had to ask her it was like playing 20 questions. She prescribed antibiotics for double ear infection and Promethazine syrup for nausea i told her she only vomits from coughing so hard the syrup has done nothing for my daughter its not even made for coughing. I was told to come back but never told when to when i asked the dr after she left the room on our way out she said oh whenever. I only went there because it was closer then our normal Ped will never ever go back there. The nurses took people out of order in which they arrived, were rude not friendly at all and not very knowledgeable. Big Mistake going here!!

August 3rd, 2015

love the staff... been with the same ped. for many many years

June 1st, 2015

Dr Sedrak is attentive and knowledgeable. She has always provided the best of care for my daughter.

April 19th, 2011

Dr Sedrak is great, but too busy maybe?

Their prices were very fair. The level of care you get for the price is okay to good. They answered every question I had. The staff is busy and as so, isnt' very attentive, or warm. They smile, but it seems only because they have to. It's a busy office that's for sure. Dr. Sedrak is good with the parents, but isn't that warming to kids. It just seems she's been doing this for a long time, sees the same conditions over and over, and is overall in a routine. She definitely doesnt' take a personal interest in each patient - the most time she spends with the kids (I have 4) is 1-2 minutes. All our 'additional' questions or concerns are within a quick answer from Dr. Sedrak. Except that she doesn't take the time to really get involved in the conversation. She has tons of experience, you can tell, but that takes away from the interpersonal experience. Her approach seems very old school, seen that, treated that - which is great - but the diagnosis is not always complete, or rather it's vague (such as a rash is - just a rash). Even though the rash lasted for 6 months, sporadically. Even so, her diagnosis are for the most part, consistent - as you would expect from a seasoned M.D. But, there is NO FOLLOW UP, from the staff or the MD at any level. You can return the very next day, and they will ask you what the problem is again. Even when our child came in with a fracture for subsequent appts/referrals - each time was like, so what happened to her? Again, they are too busy for their own good.

February 9th, 2011

Please don't go to this doctor!!!!

Her waiting area is like farmers market and her staff never said hello or show any courtesy. This doctor does not know how to talk to the kids. She was so rude to my 9 year old son and prescribed her flu medication of adult dosage although when I asked her she said he has throat infection and not flu. She did not weigh him so how does she knows that how much the dosage should be. She is a dangerous doctor for the kids. So please avoid her at all costs.

September 14th, 2009

Misdiagnosis

My nine month old son had a simple thrush infection. It was minor the first time we went in, Dr Sedrak prescribed Amoxicillin, she says it was not thrush, but a minor throat irritation. Two days later I returned my son to her office at that point he had a fever, and a few blisters in his mouth. She gave us Tamiflu, she said he had a flu and the Amoxiocillin was working. She never took any swab tests or anything. She (mis)diagnosed my son after spending a mere 60 seconds with him. That night his entire mouth was swollen and covered with blisters I took him to Long Beach Memorial Hosipital where I had to wait six hours for them to tell me what I already knew...he had thrush that was enflamed by the wrong medication. Dr Sedrak couldnt even identify a simple case of thrush. I will never take my children to her again..and I would never recommend her.

January 26th, 2017