Dr. Boutros Sawaya MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 4th, 2015
He is exactly how a Dr. should be... in it because he truly cares about his patients and not in it for the money. A+ Dr. I recommend him to everybody in need of a nephrologist!

November 28th, 2012
He is an understanding but opininated.
In having Sawaya as a kidney transplant doctor myself he is understanding about what he knows as far as transplant, and dialysis. However when it cones to understanding about other issues with other health problems he's not very considerate of my feelings, the way I feel, or my concerns. I just wish he would understand there's more issues with his patients than just transplant problems.I like him as an individual someone I can confide in bout personnal issues and he's trustworthy. But I can't stand if when I'm talking to him he's in a hurry or cuts me off while I'm talking to him cause then I feel like I'm either stupid or don't know myself as a person. He has a problem with not returning phone calls except when he has an issue with a creatnine being high or when its convienant to him. I want him to be more sincere and be a doctor to his patients and show that he's willing to listen and get the patient the help they need when they need it. In all honest I believe Sawaya has taken on more responsibilities than he can handle teaching classes, dialysis, clinics, etc. I would recommend him as a transplant doctor but not as someone who's willing to give his patients the respect they need or deserve. Half of us are very sick and need more attention than just a regular individual. Listen more, respect us more, put your patients in the care they need and deserve. Quit cutting them off while they're talking and listen to us. And get in touch with other doctors when there's an issue not when you think its right or not.

December 3rd, 2009
Satisfied Patient
Wonderful doctor! So helpful to not only my husband who was referred to him, but to me, and all the questions a wife could have! Wonderful about returning phone calls. He TRULY cares about his patients!