Dr. Boyd Haynes III MD Patient Reviews

4.7

March 22nd, 2017
Dr Haynes mantra is that orthopedic surgery to repair an injury is not always the first and necessary solution. And that was the case for me. As an active 81 year old sailor I tore my right bicep muscle hauling in a sail. I have been an OSC patient for about 40 years so I looked on the OSC website and saw Dr Haynes treated bicep muscles. His first diagnosis was not pleasing as an in office MRI also showed a tear in the right shoulder rotator cuff. I had rotator cuff surgery on that shoulder 20 years ago and no doubt Dr Haynes saw the immediate fear in my eyes at the unwelcome news! Being familiar with this type of injury, in a very relaxed manner, Dr Haynes explained options other than surgery that could be considered. He prescribed an initial physical therapy session to develop range of motion and slowly exercise the muscles involved with the bicep and shoulder. After promise was shown with the initial learned exercise set a second exercise session was under taken for two months to build up muscle strength. At the office examination after that second session I was able to pass his strength tests and he proclaimed the welcome news that it looked like surgery was not necessary. YEAH! Dr Haynes suggested to continue those exercise which I perform at a local YMCA to maintain and perhaps slowly build muscle strength..... with a healthy diet of course. That's also his mantra!

March 8th, 2017
Excellent surgeon!
I found him and his staff to be knowledgeable, caring, and efficient. They keep you informed of what they are doing and what you need to do to heal.

March 2nd, 2017
He is the best !
After months of not stop pain, Dr Haynes gave me a new hip and I'm now getting my quality of life back, He is the best!

January 31st, 2017
#1 Knee Surgeon!
He has performed to flawless knee surgeries for me and I recommend him to anyone with a knee injury or concern!

September 16th, 2016
Trust
Dr Haynes has been my orthopedic physician for many years. I have complete trust and confidence in his ability. He has always been honest with me. He performed my last surgery as a local. He made me feel comfortable and perfectly at ease as he breezed thru the procedure.

August 23rd, 2016
Knee replacement
Dr. Haynes never left any question unanswered. The knee replacement that he performed was exceptional. There were no complications when he was in the hospital or when he arrived home or during his recovery. Dr. Boyd explained the procedure and the expectations of the recovery time and made sure that my family was well informed of how the procedure went after the surgery was completed.

August 6th, 2016
knee pain
my knee pain was so bad at times,that it made walking difficult and at night i could not sleep, taking lots of pills became the answer for a while,afraid of surgery was another problem, Dr Haynes explained about the shots that we should try ,for 3 weeks a shot in each knee with the medicine supartz, i could feel it was working for me after the 1st shot ,so after the 3rd shot no pain no pills ,i feel like problem solved but i know this is not a permanent fix , any way i hope that it lasts for a long time , i`m glad that i have a chance to try this without going through surgery (yet) ,thank you Dr Haynes

August 2nd, 2016
Dr.Haynes has treated me for over ten years. He is excellent.

April 28th, 2016
Hip Replacement
Dr. Haynes replaced my hip. It was a complete success. Couldn't be happier with the treatment, the procedure and the outcome. He'll replace my other hip when the need arises for that.

March 14th, 2016
miracle
Dr. Haynes did a partial knee replacement on me recently, and I have never been so happy because I have been living with severe arthritis pain for over a year. I had already had surgery on this knee to fix my meniscus by another doctor and it didn't help my pain at all so when I went to dr. Haynes after looking at my x-rays he immediately said that he wanted to do a partial knee replacement, so a few Weeks Later I had the partial knee replacement and the very next day I was already feeling better but everyday my pain got less and less and it's two weeks after my surgery now and I have absolutely no pain at all and my life is back to normal. So I am recommending dr. Haynes to anyone that needs surgery or a replacement, he will definitely be doing any other surgeries that I will need.

March 1st, 2016
Facilities Maintenance Engineer NASA Langley Research Center
Dr. Haynes is #1 in my book. I value his treatment, experience, knowledge, honesty, compassion. He has also treated my wife with the same as he has for me. We (my wife & I) have highly recommended him to our friends.

February 29th, 2016
I got an appointment within a few days after calling Dr. Haynes office. This is the second time I have seen him. The first time was four years ago when I was having knee problems. After x-ray and an examination he sent me to physical therapy. He told me how important it was to "pay attention" to the exercises. I did pay attention and continue to do them and I hope it is a long time before I have to have surgery. I would recommend Dr. Haynes to anyone who needs an orthopedic Dr.