Dr. Brad Berman MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 8th, 2014
Looking for more
I was really excited to finally get an appointment with Dr. Berman as I heard and read that he was very good. I think we received a good evaluation and diagnosis, but after that I began to feel unsure of how to proceed. Our follow up appointments seemed to revolve around medication. Although Dr. Berman would ask about issues and/or concerns, we were not given any guidance about how to resolve or address those concerns. At one point, I was directed to a long list of websites where I suppose I could find the answers myself. Also, the one time I disagreed with him about something, that point became the focus of the entire appointment. Although I suspect he was just trying to make his point, he left me feeling judged and misunderstood, like I was a bad parent for disagreeing. I left the appointment feeling sorry I had raised the issue and, worse, without an answer regarding how to address it. I'm not sure how to address this as I'm not sure what is fair to expect from these appointments, but considering how much we are paying out of pocket, I was honestly hoping for more guidance. I was hoping for more understanding and sympathy regarding my fears, concerns, and questions. With that being said, if you want a diagnosis and medication, you will get that from Dr. Berman.

April 19th, 2012
Superior at his specialty
It can take a very long time to get an initial appointment due to him being in high demand. Once he sees your child there are no issues with seeing him when necessary.

December 20th, 2010
Brad is the best
I give Dr. Berman my highest, unqualified recommendation. Our son had multiple educational, medical and behavioral issues. It was impossible for us to coordinate services ourselves, and the doctors were either useless or unwilling to communicate with each other or the schools. Dr. Berman effectively filled this role for us. We were in dispair. Dr. Berman got us through it all over a ten year period. Couldn't have done it without him. He is the best

April 15th, 2010
Compassionate and Effective
Dr Berman has been our 15-year old's behavioral pediatrician for 12 years now. His diagnosis and recommendations for both behavior modification and medication have been pretty much on the money. He's been an invaluable resource in mitigating the adverse impact of ADHD on our son and our family.Dr Berman has adapted his "bedside manner" as our son has grown, now emphasizing his responsibility for monitoring and controlling his impulses even on the occasional (usually accidental) meds-free day. Progression staff are friendly and responsive; have worked with our Kaiser pediatricians to get scrips filled (often expensive though); no insurance accepted.

August 21st, 2008
You won't be sorry!!!!
He has been a partner to our family for 10 years. Not one complaint... lots of compliments- caring, follow up, supportive, referrals, staff. Excellent provider!!!

June 29th, 2008
Exceptional Specialist
Dr. Berman has a waiting list of about 10 months for an initial appointment. However, make the appointment - the time goes quickly and his care is worth it. Once your child is a patient, it is easy to get appointments when needed. Dr. Berman has treated our son for a complex set of conditions since he was six years old (he is 17 now). He does exceptional diagnosis and treatment, and our son has liked him at every age. When he developed OCD, Dr. Berman referred our son to an excellent therapist, whose patient list is normally full. Dr. Berman is familiar with the most updated research on conditions, treatment and medications. We highly recommend him.

January 6th, 2016