Pediatrician
3021 Citrus Cir
Ste 240
Walnut Creek, CA 94598
925-279-3480
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
 |  Looking for more  |  show details
by Anna L. on Jul 8th, 2014

I was really excited to finally get an appointment with Dr. Berman as I heard and read that he was very good. I think we received a good evaluation and diagnosis, but after that I began to feel unsure of how to proceed. Our follow up appointments seemed to revolve around medication. Although Dr. Berman would ask about issues and/or concerns, we were not given any guidance about how to resolve or address those concerns. At one point, I was directed to a long list of websites where I suppose I could find the answers myself. Also, the one time I disagreed with him about something, that point became the focus of the entire appointment. Although I suspect he was just trying to make his point, he left me feeling judged and misunderstood, like I was a bad parent for disagreeing. I left the appointment feeling sorry I had raised the issue and, worse, without an answer regarding how to address it. I'm not sure how to address this as I'm not sure what is fair to expect from these appointments, but considering how much we are paying out of pocket, I was honestly hoping for more guidance. I was hoping for more understanding and sympathy regarding my fears, concerns, and questions. With that being said, if you want a diagnosis and medication, you will get that from Dr. Berman.

|  Superior at his specialty  |  show details
Apr 19th, 2012

It can take a very long time to get an initial appointment due to him being in high demand. Once he sees your child there are no issues with seeing him when necessary.

|  Brad is the best  |  show details
by Randall Parent on Dec 20th, 2010

I give Dr. Berman my highest, unqualified recommendation. Our son had multiple educational, medical and behavioral issues. It was impossible for us to coordinate services ourselves, and the doctors were either useless or unwilling to communicate with each other or the schools. Dr. Berman effectively filled this role for us. We were in dispair. Dr. Berman got us through it all over a ten year period. Couldn't have done it without him. He is the best

|  ProgressionsDr Berman  |  show details
by Randi G at Insider Pages on Oct 23rd, 2010 on insiderpages.com

We have been going to Dr Berman for almost 10 years. The first appt is difficult to get but it usually goes fast due to cancelations. After ...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  Compassionate and Effective  |  show details
by East Bay Dad on Apr 15th, 2010

Dr Berman has been our 15-year old's behavioral pediatrician for 12 years now. His diagnosis and recommendations for both behavior modification and medication have been pretty much on the money. He's been an invaluable resource in mitigating the adverse impact of ADHD on our son and our family.Dr Berman has adapted his "bedside manner" as our son has grown, now emphasizing his responsibility for monitoring and controlling his impulses even on the occasional (usually accidental) meds-free day. Progression staff are friendly and responsive; have worked with our Kaiser pediatricians to get scrips filled (often expensive though); no insurance accepted.

|  You won't be sorry!!!!  |  show details
Aug 21st, 2008

He has been a partner to our family for 10 years. Not one complaint... lots of compliments- caring, follow up, supportive, referrals, staff. Excellent provider!!!

|  Exceptional Specialist  |  show details
Jun 29th, 2008

Dr. Berman has a waiting list of about 10 months for an initial appointment. However, make the appointment - the time goes quickly and his care is worth it. Once your child is a patient, it is easy to get appointments when needed. Dr. Berman has treated our son for a complex set of conditions since he was six years old (he is 17 now). He does exceptional diagnosis and treatment, and our son has liked him at every age. When he developed OCD, Dr. Berman referred our son to an excellent therapist, whose patient list is normally full. Dr. Berman is familiar with the most updated research on conditions, treatment and medications. We highly recommend him.

|  show details
Jun 29th, 2007 on yahoo.com

Payment: Had to pay out of pocket and for a single mother it was not easy. Father was suppose to pay half but Dr. Berman wrote his half off and father never was held responsible for his share. They hounded me for every single payment but never did they pe

Read Full Review at yahoo.com