Dr. Bradbury Skidmore Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Bradbury Skidmore?

June 12th, 2016

Dr. Skimore did my discectomy. He explained the procedure and what my resteictions would be. After surgery i have no more pain or numbness in my arm

July 14th, 2015

He performed spinal fusion on L4/L3 to correct spondylolisthesis. I would be crippled now if not for his skill. Can now do full range of sport activities that was impossible prior to surgery

March 3rd, 2015

Dr. Skidmore is an unsympathetic Physician. My mother was dying and he was aloof. He would not come to her room to speak with my father. He is a cold hearted person. It is sad that he is allowed to be a physician.

February 6th, 2015

Would not go back. I left his office feeling totally disregarded and that my pain was not worthy of his treatment. He pretty much shrugged me off telling me I was suffering from stiffness and pretty much ignored me when I was explaining my back pain. Sad this doctor and his staff have no nompassion whatsoever. He was almost insulting. Find another doctor. Don't waste your time and money on this man.

May 17th, 2013

Family Member of Patient

Skidmore (he doesn't deserve the respect of being addressed as doctor) recently operated on my cousin's back. On the night of her surgery, I stayed with her at the hospital. During the night her pain became unbearable, but because her blood pressure was too low the nurses wouldn't give her pain medication without speaking to her doctor. Since Skidmore has such a reputation for being mean and hateful, the nurses were too afraid to call him. As a result, my poor cousin had to writhe in pain for the majority of the night. When Skidmore came in the next morning during his hospital rounds, my cousin was telling him about her pain, and he more or less talked to her as if she were a disgruntled child that had nothing to complain about. Wasn't she, afterall, extremely luck to have HIM, the most gifted neurosurgeon to walk this earth, do her surgery. He told her she'd be up and about the next day, as if her surgery (which took seven hours!) was nothing more painful than getting a hangnail removed. If I hadn't been in the room to hear him for myself, I'd have never believed that someone could be so arrogant and demeaning, and I've worked with faculty at UC for 33 years!!! Needless to say, it's been about six weeks since her surgery, and it'll be several more months before she'll be able to move about without being in terrible pain. What an arrogant jerk, that's all I can say about him.

March 13th, 2013

Nurse

This Dr if you would like to use that as title for him is the most arrogant person I think I have ever talked to, and has no compassion for his patients . He basically does not care about his pts and what they do after he is done with his part even if he has caused the problem ( his own words). I have never been so offended and hurt for my pts, in all my years of experience . I Literally thought I was in the twilight zone when I spoke with is doc. As a pt advocate I felt the need to do something about this and speak out against this doc's total disregard for his pts who trust him and feel that he has their best interest in mind. Keep in mind when looking for a surgeon or MD bedside manor is just as important as successes and experience, talk to people make sure you know as much as you can before you decide to be treated by a particular MD. Remember you are the one who matters and not the MD's ego. I will say that I have not spoken with many MD's with this mind set, there are more good than bad.

April 26th, 2012

Did not do proper Testing

I arrived in his office with an MRI that showed a disk herniation in my neck. He ordered that I do medication and Pys Therapy for 2 weeks. When it got worse, he suggested surgery. He stated that the recovery time should be only a week, and that the surgery is done on an outpatient basis. A second opinion showed that there was also a bone spur, that Dr Skidmore had missed, which made the first 2 weeks a waste of time and pain. The second surgeon stated that surgery should be done on inpatient basis, and that recovery is normally 2 months. I was not pleased with his grossly attitude that this surgery was "run of the mill".

January 4th, 2012

When someone mentioned "God complex", I chuckled, because this describes Dr. Skidmore perfectly. He did a surgery for me, even though I didn't really like him. He was very full-of-himself and seems to think he is above reproach. When I returned to him about the same problem, his response was basically "sorry about your luck" and had no concern at all for my pain. There have to be better neurosurgeons out there!

October 29th, 2010

DONT SEE THIS DOCTOR. He has a serious God Complex. Horrible experience!

February 9th, 2010

Go somewhere else

Very poor in all areas. Pre-surgery - spent little time explaining procedure. One consultation that lasted less than five minutes. This was the ONLY meeting with the doctor.At the hospital, refused to meet with my family.He didn't show up for the one post surgery office appointment.Overall, terrible experience with the anticipated poor outcome.

December 12th, 2015