Surgical Specialist, Neurological Surgeon
Video profile

2.5

Apr 15th, 2015

he was so rude and didn't care what I had to say.

by Ann Davey on Apr 24th, 2013

This is a fantastic neurosurgeon. He pinpointed the problem and my back is doing wonderfully. I would highly recommend him.

Rude and Condescending show details Rude and Condescending
Nov 13th, 2012

The only decent element in this doctor's office appeared to be his medical assistant. Dr. Bergquist himself, both in his demeanor and manner of speaking, came across as rude, uncaring and arrogant. He also physically put distance between himself and my frail, elerly Mom, pushing his stool as far back into the corner of the room as he could and crossing his arms over his chest. His body language was very telling. He kept asking "why are you here" and "what hurts" after she'd already told him more than several times. The way in which he asked his questions and imparted his medical wisdom bordered on hostility. Bottom line, what prestigous medical schools he might have received his medical training at mattered not one whit, as he came across very UNCARING. At the end of this excrutiating session he concluded by saying there was nothing he could do for my Mom. If anyone asks (and even if they don't) I will them of my Mom's experience there.

Aug 20th, 2012

Recently had an Appointment with Dr. Bergquist, he was a half hour late getting to his office he finally came to the exam room an hour after the appt was scheduled. I can see if there was some emergency but it was an early am appt it was more like he just decided to come into work late that day...must be nice to have the world revolve around you. This guy chose the wrong career path, he needs to have no interaction with others cause he has the worst bedside manner ive ever seen. He didnt go over my xrays or mri results and at the end of his exam he basically just said he was done and walked out. I cant comment on his surgical skills but i dont wanna find out if he is a good surgeon or not, he is a strange man who i dont care to see again.

Very capable surgeon, he is not Mr. Rogers. show details Very capable surgeon, he is not Mr. Rogers.
Jul 1st, 2012

Has two clinics, Hillsboro and Tualatin. Appointments had little waiting time. He is quiet and not a jokester or high in the bedside manner arena but gets high marks in his surgical ability. No problems and good follow up on my surgury.

Happy patient show details Happy patient
Sep 23rd, 2011

Dr. Bergquist is not a "warm and fuzzy" kind of man, but he knows his stuff and explained my problem and answered all my questions in a way that made sense to me. Most important, he didn't assume I needed or wanted an operation. If my leg pain doesn't get better on its own and I want it fixed, I will definitely go back to this doctor.

Dr Berquist stinks!!! show details Dr Berquist stinks!!!
Feb 2nd, 2011

This is the rudest man I have ever met. I left there confused, angry and almost in tears. He told me he hadnt had time to look at my MRI xrays and asked why I was there........when I told him, he would ask again........a total idiot and a nasty man!!!

Do not see him show details Do not see him
Sep 1st, 2010

I have been disabled from his shotty at best surgical ability.

a patient and a RN show details a patient and a RN
Dec 18th, 2009

I rated this Dr high inspite of his bed-side, personal behavior because he is an excellent doctor. Really knows his business, top notch. Just leaves a lot to be desired in the 'friendly' area.