Some ratings provided by Doctor.com.
Wonderful and Caring doc show details Wonderful and Caring doc
by Brenda B. on Aug 18th, 2015

I was amazed ....he took the time to listen to me. I like his office it was clean and staff was kind. I am sending my Mom to him.

Misunderstood show details Misunderstood
by An elder fan on Jun 4th, 2015

I had an appointment where Dr B. Explained my current medical condition and it was hard to listen to such honesty. Dr B said I know my body best that is when WE came up with a plan to improve my health so I can be with my grand children. I can see why he has such a bipolar rating it is because of the honesty about my health. I love that he tells me everything . Thank you Dr Blappert, I wish more doctors were like you.

May 22nd, 2015

Absolutely no bed side manners. Arrogant.

by Linda Snavely on Mar 18th, 2015

Excellent bedside manner, always takes time, answers my questions. Just a great doctor. Good doctors are very hard to find, Dr. Blappert is great. Try him, you will like him and his staff.

Very bad experience show details Very bad experience
Feb 24th, 2015

After a 5 minute exam he said I was healthy-come back in 6 months-even though I have diabetes and other issues -he never bothered to ask-I would never recommend him to anyone

He is amazing show details He is amazing
by Brandy on Jan 21st, 2015

I had a 20 minute wait and then saw the doctor. He gave me time to talk about my issues and listened. He said,"you know your body the best, so tell me all about you". The appointment time with the doctor was timed at 55 minutes of actual face for face with MD. I am going to bring my whole family.

Wonderful show details Wonderful
by Cecillia on Jan 16th, 2015

Wonderful, Physician is positive , kind and compassionate. I would recommend him.

Jul 11th, 2013

DR BLAPPERT'S NEW ADDRESS IS 1101 SOUTH COLLEGE ROAD SUITE 206 LAFAYETTE, LA 337-456-9250

A very knowledgeable, competent and friendly doctor. show details A very knowledgeable, competent and friendly doctor.
by Charles T. on Dec 10th, 2012 on doctor.com

I was hesitant about seeing a new Doctor because my previous Dr. had been treating me for 9 years and I liked her very much. However when I first me D ...

Read Full Review at doctor.com
Great Dr show details Great Dr
Jan 9th, 2012

Dr Blappert is by far the best and most compassionate doctors I have ever been to. I would strongly recommend him to friends and family. I hope I can find him again...he is no longer associated with the Lourdes network.

Staff is Very Bad and I mean very Very bad show details Staff is Very Bad and I mean very Very bad
Dec 23rd, 2011

They do not understand who the customer is and that we have choices. The new lady is the worst, very rude, not nice and you can tell she is working to just to get a check not caring for paitents. Never a can do attitude, but always a road block. Don't know if Lourds adm. Reads this , but if you do please fix this. This is why Dr Blappert left the Lourds System if I had to guess. I did like him, but he seemed to be disconnected sometimes, but overall I do like him. I would give him a chance if I can find where he went.

Nurse is the problem show details Nurse is the problem
Aug 22nd, 2011

Nurse wrote wrong info on my son's chart and was belligerent with me about it. It was a nightmare. I liked the doc but can see docs in Lake Charles (where I live) with that lack of professionalism in the office.

Still not sure show details Still not sure
Sep 17th, 2010

I definitely had issues with the office staff. My mother, who is a nurse, also commented on the fact that his office staff would be the downfall of his practice. The first time I went, the nurse was out sick, and the receptionist took my vitals, which was probably why I was not diagnosed properly. There were also terrible issues with getting orders for tests. Each time he ordered something it would take his staff one week to get it to where it needed to go. He, however, seemed very interested in my condition and was very inquisitive, although he was not able to diagnose me. He sent me else where and another doctor figured out what my condition was. At least he referred me out. So, for now, I will continue to see him until I can find another office with a better staff.

Avoid this Dr. show details Avoid this Dr.
Aug 31st, 2010

Reading other reviews....one saying he is lazy...I would add possibly OCD. On one visit he incesssantly washed his hands alternated with looking at himself in a mirror. Was not focused on my health issues at all. Another comment I ran into was hearing him discuss the lack of referrals he was getting over the phone. He is also rated very low at Lourdes Hospital. He is rude and very non caring. It appears he is only about money. Another said he was lazy....and unbelieable. I can attest to this. But it is beyond being lazy I think. It is just simply a total lack of concern regarding his patients. If you seek to find a good doctor, avoid this one like the plague.

Jul 12th, 2010

Great doctor and staff. Dr. Blappert is very caring and thorough.

Great Doc show details Great Doc
Jun 15th, 2010

I had an appointment with doc and it was wonderful the office is large and clean the staff was courteous and prompt. I talked to the doc for 25 minutes about all my problems. He listened to me really listened and was so kind and comforting that my experience was wonderful. I am referring my daughter because she needs a good doc.

Jun 9th, 2010

Dr. Blappert is an excellent doctor. However, his staff will be the downfall of his practice. His staff rarely returns calls and his receptionist is rude and discourteous. Don't let his staff keep you away.

Jun 8th, 2010

Waited 90 minutes to see the doctor. Was able to hear him discussing lack of referrals with another doctor through the exam room walls.

NOT a genuine person and a phony doctor show details NOT a genuine person and a phony doctor
Apr 11th, 2010

This guy is unbelievable. He is so lazy.

new internist show details new internist
by Donna on Dec 9th, 2009

I was impressed with his staff and doc has great bed side manner. I love him.