Dr. Bradley Bretz MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 30th, 2016
Beware
Very displeased with standardized approach and using chart to assess problems rather than assessing or talking to me. Poor follow up with prescription and insurance issues. Beware, likes people to fit in a box, he will stuff you in, even if you don't fit. I really hope I caught him on a bad day and he is not like this with everyone.

June 15th, 2016
I really like you on my first visit but in my second you didn't show up but I know I'm in good hands so thank you very much

September 1st, 2015
Worst service ever
I went in to get injections in my back. The day of the procedure I was scared and panicked since it isn't everyday you go in and have needles in you back... He wouldn't give me anything to relax and I understand why they do that. They want to make sure I can tell them when something is wrong. But I didn't feel safe in his hands. While laying down and waiting for the injections he never told me step by step what he was doing. Instead I get several lidocaine shots and a unsympathetic sorry. I lay there still scared a very nice nurse is trying to help me relax and calm down but then he punctured the nerve on my left side. I scream and cry start hyperventilating and have a blood pressure of 195/111. He continues asks me if I'm okay but it was just to hard to calm down then proceeds to inject my right side. Which I felt everything on that side. When done they had me roll over and back on to the bed and took me back to my room. While resting and having something to drink I waited for my doctor to come talk to me. After 10 minutes a random nurse that I haven't seen or dealt with that day asked me why I was still there. That I could get dressed and leave out the side door. So I did.... Now I am 5 days post injections been having severe pains with no relief. The injection sites have been warm been having severe pain up my spine with severe migraines. Tried ice, heat, walking, repositioning etc to try and feel better. It has been 2 days that I have been trying to get some help from the dr. The office staff has been rude treating me like I'm nothing but a pain pill junky. I came there for help and relief from my pain and all it has done was increased and made me feel violated as a person. I would never recommend this place to anyone.

July 31st, 2015
awful experience
He would not look into where my pain was coming from. He refused me a MRI. He said, It did not matter why I was in pain. There was nothing he could do. I asked for the MRI to see what was going on in my body and he said it didnt matter. It would only be treated with gabapenten and there was no reason to see me. Helloooo. Are you kidding me. What a joke. It was stressful, he was the worst doctor I have ever seen. i have heard he treats some well. Well I was not one of them. I was also treated as a drug seeker which was interesting since all I asked for was a MRI. I did not ask for any meds.

June 29th, 2015
Recently out of no where at my appointment I was told that my medicine wasn't working correctly and it had to be lowered. Although I said that the medicine was working, Dr. Bretz didn't agree and lowered my prescriptions. My pain level increase greatly along with a list of other symptoms that started up. After months of dealing with this, Dr. Bretz finally changed my medicine back. I was disappointed that after seeing Dr. Bretz for years, he didn't support me more. Especially since his decision was based partly on the fact that the feds are cracking down more on the kind and amount of drugs that Pain Management doctors are administering to their patients. I want my doctor to stand up for me, even if it's not easy.

April 14th, 2015
Worst Doctor visit I have had
I will never recommend. He was not compassionate!! I was rushed in by a abrupt male nurse to do a drug screen. I have been in chronic pain and getting worse. He said there was nothing he could do. Communication skills were poor. I didnt ask for pain medication. Even though he kept saying he would not prescribe to me. I asked to help try and find out what was wrong with me. Nope.. there was nothing he could do. What does he do??? he is a poor excuse for a pain doctor.

March 9th, 2014
Dr. Is wonderful and super out patient hospital staff
Wonderful Dr. and his assistant; but will not go back because of his unfriendly front office staff.

August 4th, 2010
Very good doctor, I had seen 5 before being referred to him, after the initial consultation he new exactly what was going on CRPS. I would highly recommend him

January 3rd, 2017