Dr. W Creel MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 9th, 2015
Ms.
I am a patient at Dr. Creel's Murphy office. He is compassionate and so thoughtful treating you with the greatest respect. He is extremely knowledgeable and really listens to your needs. He will help you. The entire staff is extremely polite and caring.

August 21st, 2015
When I called to make my appointment after my referral I specifically told them I was a North Carolina patient with Tri-Care insurance. I was told they absolutely accepted Tri- Care and an appointment was scheduled for four weeks later. The week before my appointment I received a phone message that they did not take Tri-care at the Murphy NC office but they could reschedule me for an appointment at their Blairsville GA office where they did take Tri-Care. I said well okay but that appointment was scheduled for another 3 weeks out. I just received another phone message today asking me to call because they did not take Tri-Care at the Blairsville GA Office. I called back again. After much research into the issue I received a call back explaining that North Carolina Tri-Care was in Tri-Care North Region and they only accepted Tri-Care South. They were very apologetic but it has still cost me two months time trying to see a doctor. Very disappointed as I had heard only great things about the doctor. I have called back my primary care physician and told them not to refer any more Tri-Care patients to them. That they need to refer to an Office that accepts Tri-care North since our area has many Tri-care patients. I would not want anyone else to go through this very frustrating experience. I suggested to the Gastro Oofice that perhaps they should not have a satellite office in NC if they were not going to accept very common Tri-Care North Insurance. Called the Murphy NC Hospital and they are going to put out notice to all their Primary Care Offices advising not to refer Tri-care patients to this office. Must say the staff was very apologetic about the whole thing but does not help me.

February 20th, 2013
Great Doctor!
I met Dr. Creel after having an episode of lost appetite and burning in my stomach. On my first appointment, Dr. Creel did the exam and recommended an upper endoscopy. He promised that he will have me feeling better soon. Indeed, he did. He suggested a PPI that my insurance didn't want to pay for. Not only did he give me boxes of samples from his office, he called the insurance company and squared things away so I could be on this medication. After a follow-up appointment, we were discussing a few other GI issues going on and he recommended me getting a colonoscopy. Good thing he did. I had a polyp in my large intestine. Luckily it was non-cancerous, but had Dr. Creel not done this procedure, who knows what it would have turned into down the road? He's always concerned how things at home and work are going. Very easy to talk to. He will always call you back when you need him. Fantastic doctor! I would recommend him to anyone who is in need of a gastroenterologist. I look forward to being a patient of Dr. Creel's for many years to come.

October 30th, 2012
Great Doctor! Office staff, not so much.
The dr himself was extremely nice and understanding and patient. However the office staff was rude at times and gave pushback on simple questions. Was alittle disappointed by their hospitality.

May 9th, 2017