Dr. Bradley Heim MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 7th, 2011
Great Doctor!
Doctor Heim is one of the nicest Doctors. He makes you feel at ease and has a great sense of humor, but he is still professional. The reception staff are not rude, but not overly friendly, but it has been several years since my visit, so the satff may be different.

September 17th, 2010
Great Doctor!
The staff was always really friendly. Doctor Heim is a very kind person who makes you feel comfortable. He delivered my first baby and I wish I could have had him deliver the second, but we had to move.

July 3rd, 2010
This is MY family
My wife is 17 weeks pregnant. At her last appointment, she had blood drawn for a test for trisomy 18 and 24. On Wednesday, my wife was at work. Dr. Heims office tried to call her cell phone, which she could not answer. So the nurse called her work phone. My wife was called up to the front and the nurse told her she was at an extremely high risk for trisomy 18, and she needed to stay by the phone that day because she would be calling her right back with an appointment to go to Birmingham for a special ultra scan.My wife was completely and utterly freaked out. She froze, had no idea what to do or what questions to ask and the nurse didnt offer any more information. My wife called me and I went and picked her up. I tried to call the doctors office, but with Dr. Heims office, you can not get a live person, only a recording. Finally a nurse called us back and told us she would get the appointment as soon as she could and she would either call us back by 4:30 or the next morning with the appointment. With no other information, we went on the internet and looked up trisomy 18, that will really scare you, oh my god, it is a terrible chromosome disease. We were very distraught. At around 5:30 a nurse called us back and said it would probably be a few weeks before the appointment and that they deal with this at least once a week. I told her I wasnt concerned how many times a week she deals with it, only this time. I asked her why we were not called into the doctors office to have this explained to us, with all of the options and procedures that will need to be accomplished, and why they didnt make the referral and have it ready when they called. I guess I said it a little to loud for her liking, because she hung up on me. Two minutes later, Dr. Heim called me back. Not to explain the situation and to try to calm our fears, but to chastise me for speaking to his nurse with a tone Are you kidding me!?! With this disorder, most children are still born and the little ones who go to full term, most die before their first birthday. In Dr. Heims office, patients are treated like boxes in an assembly line, not like people with worries and concerns. I would not recommend this man to anyone. There are many good doctors in Enterprise and Dothan who take the time to calm and comfort you. I, of course, fired this man on the spot. I know it will not affect him much, one less box on the treadmill, but maybe one less boat payment for him.

December 17th, 2008