Gynecologic Oncologist, Medical Oncologist
Video profile

Best Doctor Ever show details Best Doctor Ever
Nov 30th, 2015

I was recently diagnosed with an extremely large tumor on my ovary. Due to the size and possibility of cancer I was referred to Dr. Monk. I was extremely nervous being new to the area. I was able to get an appointment within a couple of days and was scheduled for surgery the next week. He thoroughly explained the procedure and the variables and put my mind at ease during this frightening experience. I was very fortunate that the tumor was benign. I would highly recommend this doctor. He is very professional, knowledgeable and very compassionate.

Oct 22nd, 2015

Saved my life - ovarian cancer patient

by Stephanie Clark on Apr 17th, 2015

Dr. Monk is an amazing doctor. He and his team truly cares for his patients and it shows. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is dealing with the possibility of women's cancers.

Overall excellent! show details Overall excellent!
Apr 9th, 2015

Overall excellent physician. Completely satisfied with diagnosis, treatment, and follow up. Absolutely the best gynecological oncologist in the western US.

Feb 5th, 2015

Poor attitude,lack of knowledge about pertinent medical conditions, humiliated a patient about her weight, egotistical

Skilled surgeon, caring human, saved my life show details Skilled surgeon, caring human, saved my life
Feb 4th, 2011

I was given a diagnosis of a squamous cell, pre-cancerous lesion by my obgyn in a little Arizona town without a gynocological oncologist.So, I called around Phoenix looking for a specialist who was accepting new patients. Dr. Monk was in his first week at St. Joesph's Medical Center and I got an appointment for the following week. I was scheduled for surgery the following week and out of the hospital in 3 days.He is extremely knowledgeable, takes the time to answer questions and gives his patients with scary cancers hope for the future.If you google him, you can see videos and do a lot of reading about his medical career.I would offer anyone thinking of seeing him an unreserved recommendation.