Gynecologic Oncologist, Medical Oncologist
Video profile

by Stephanie Clark on Apr 17th, 2015

Dr. Monk is an amazing doctor. He and his team truly cares for his patients and it shows. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is dealing with the possibility of women's cancers.

Overall excellent! show details Overall excellent!
Apr 9th, 2015

Overall excellent physician. Completely satisfied with diagnosis, treatment, and follow up. Absolutely the best gynecological oncologist in the western US.

Feb 5th, 2015

Poor attitude,lack of knowledge about pertinent medical conditions, humiliated a patient about her weight, egotistical

Skilled surgeon, caring human, saved my life show details Skilled surgeon, caring human, saved my life
Feb 4th, 2011

I was given a diagnosis of a squamous cell, pre-cancerous lesion by my obgyn in a little Arizona town without a gynocological oncologist.So, I called around Phoenix looking for a specialist who was accepting new patients. Dr. Monk was in his first week at St. Joesph's Medical Center and I got an appointment for the following week. I was scheduled for surgery the following week and out of the hospital in 3 days.He is extremely knowledgeable, takes the time to answer questions and gives his patients with scary cancers hope for the future.If you google him, you can see videos and do a lot of reading about his medical career.I would offer anyone thinking of seeing him an unreserved recommendation.

Very humble show details Very humble
Jan 22nd, 2011

I drive from Yuma, Az. to Phoenix (3 hr.)to Have Dr. Monk as my Doctor. Im 62 and I had a total hysterectomy and then some, and he had me out of the hospital in 48 hours. I don't have insurance, so I see him at the Women's Clinic on roosevelt. All I had heard from family and friends were horror stories about their hysterectomy's. They should have had Dr. Monk. God Blesses him.