Dr. Bradley Merk MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Chicago, IL

3.8

October 20th, 2015
The entire process was efficient and the staff were pleasant. I particularly appreciated the imaging personnel.

June 13th, 2015
bradley merk
this doctor is in the slip and fall bizness!!

March 23rd, 2015
I sustained an injury, did extensive research on providers, and was able to get an early morning appointment the next day Dr. Merk was in the office. Dr. Merk was a good listener, effectively communicated his diagnosis and proposed treatment plan in a way I could understand, and answered all of my questions. He performs surgery multiple days a week, so scheduling was both quick and easy. I saw Dr. Merk both before and after surgery and he spent time to explain the plan again beforehand and provide a status afterwards. I was fortunate to have the opportunity to obtain opinions from two other surgeons at different hospital systems prior to my surgery. Visiting these providers made me feel fortunate that I could chose the Northwestern team. Dr. Merk and the Northwestern team run a world-class operation—both the facilities and people are incredible. I would confidently recommend Dr. Merk and the Northwestern team to my family and friends.

February 2nd, 2015
Dr. Merk is efficient, as well as very kind and competent

October 31st, 2014
Horrific care
Dr Merk inserted a rod after my mother fractured her leg. She spend 12 hours in the ER without seeing Dr Merk - only his resident. She was in the hospital for 2 days before surgery - he never came to see her (I was there the whole time). For the 1st 2 days after surgery (a weekend), only a medical student came to see her. For the 3 additional days in the hospital, only the medical student & residents saw her. We never saw Dr Merk except for about 30 seconds prior to the surgery. As my mother was in the recovery room, he never came out to tell us he had completed the surgery & how she did/was doing. I'm not really even sure he did the surgery since as soon as she was in recovery, we were told he was in another operating room. So we never got to talk to the doctor & ask any questions either preop or postop. Truly horrific patient care. He may do a good job on the surgery, but medical ethics, insurance reimbursement, and the law require him to be involved in her care at all times - not just 30 seconds preop.

March 25th, 2014
The work done to my son's broken leg was amazing. He had to receive a permanent metal rod in his leg and the outcome was very favorable, as his broken bone was aligned perfectly after the procedure. So far no complications at all and the pain to his leg is minimal. Dr. Merk did an excellent job and thoroughly explained everything to me and my son.

December 4th, 2011
Well, he is a great doctor that always listen to his patients and problems. And for me he find the problem and fix it. He is a great doctor.