Overall Review

4.9

August 17th, 2016
Awesome staff and doctor

October 13th, 2015
Honestly, if I could give them more stars I would! After researching several Mohs Surgery specialists in the area I decided on the Southern Village location being that is closet to home.... Dr. Merritt was a new name to me, but I went with my gut and could not be more pleased! Long story short, from the moment we walked into the building I had a calm feeling, which is not typical when you suffer from anxiety! Having my son there was imperative to my feeling safe and well looked after... From the reception area where Phyllis was warm, friendly and extremely helpful to all the nurses and staff it was a very positive experience... My main nurse Cindy was exceptional, they all were... Never before have I been asked my favourite music to have on during my surgery, and that was an unexpected delight! I appreciate the blanket too which made the experience cozy and not so scary! Afterwards, while waiting for the lab results at least 3 staff members asked if they could get me lunch.... And other doctors, nurses, receptionists and even patients all said ''hello'' and acknowledged me with a smile.... To me, expertise is vital when you put your trust in a doctor, but equally so is bedside manner, cleanliness, and a warm atmosphere... Usually at the doctors and dentists I have been to it seems like most of them are too busy texting or chatting to pay attention to the patients needs.... Plus most experiences feel like you are cattle and just a number... At UNC Dermatology, Dr. Merritt and the others all seemed like they love their jobs!!! They were attentive, professional and I have no complaints, which is rare for me! If God forbid you need Mohs Surgery I highly recommend going where I did.... You are treated like someone special which should be the goal of every health care facility regardless of whether the patient has the best insurance, or none at all.... Maybe if we got back to treating each other like human beings the world might stand a chance! Last but not least, don't forget to wear sunscreen.... PS- Dr. Merritt phoned me the evening after the surgery, THAT speaks volumes!!!

July 9th, 2015
I am a physician retired from Family Practice I was referred to Dr Merritt because of a Melanoma on my face . The care I received at Dr Merrit's office was grade A in every respect . He is a throw back of what medical practice used to be when I started practice years ago . He takes time to explain and answer questions He is concerned and caring about minute details as is his staff . I thank my local dermatologist for that referral . It was worth the long drive to Chapel Hill .

April 19th, 2015
compassionate and reassuring. pinching of skin prior to administration of lidocaine very effective. great overall experience!

October 11th, 2014
CEO/Chairman 3 US Companies
Excellent professional manner&technical skills as surgeon. Knowledgeable in General Medicine

June 28th, 2014
Beyond Extremely Satisfied
During the past three years I've had numerous MOHS procedures performed by Dr. Merritt to include multiple areas on my ears and nose, and one area on my hand. I was and continue to be very impressed by "his way of conducting business". Dr. Merritt and his staff are very professional, knowledgeable, and really care about their "how and what is best for the patient". They place the upmost importance on patient comfort and post procedure care/follow-up. After each procedure is completed, Dr. Merritt always calls me that evening to hear how I am doing and checks to see if I need anything. I would highly recommend him to anyone having skin cancer issues. "He is the best!!!!!".

April 15th, 2011
Dr. Merritt and his staff showed the utmost professionalism, courtesy and kindness. Dr. Merritt was meticulous in his procedures to be sure that no trace of the basil cell carcinoma was evident in my husband's nose and was most confident and pleasant during the several procedures to remove the cells. We would not hesitate to recommend him to others with similar problems.