Anesthesiologist (pain control)

6815 Noble Ave
Van Nuys, CA 91405
818-888-7815
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

|  An Incredible Anesthesiologist  |  show details
Aug 13th, 2012

I have unfortunately had more surgeries than I care to remember. Dr. Pakula was my anesthesiologist on my last surgery. It was the first time I woke up with no nausea or vomiting. I had no pain or sore throat. He spent a considerable amount of time with me answering all my questions ( I am very scared of going under anesthesia) and called me the night before and after my surgery. He is a true gem.

|  WORST experience  |  show details
Apr 6th, 2012

This guy should not be a practicing MD. He was the assigned anesthesiologist for 1 hr surgery. When I woke up, I wasn't able to feel part of my tongue (which I still cannot feel, and I am currently 3.5 wks post-op). My lungs, rib cage and neck were so sore, and I was barely able to stay awake on the ride home because he over medicated me. Being a nurse myself (with lots of OR experience), I assume that he overinflated my lungs when I was intubated, and that lead to the soreness of the lungs and the ribs. I attribute the loss of sensation on part of my tongue to him being very rough when he intubated me, and therefore, bruised/hurt some of my nerves and/or muscles in the throat and tongue. I underwent a 5 hr surgery on the same body part 6 weeks prior, and I had none of the above noted problems. When my MD called him to give me a call 4 days post op, this guy could not have been any more rude. I told him about my issues with the tongue, and he just said not to worry about it because "it subsides 48 hrs post-op". I told him that I was 4 days post-op at that point, and he just said again, not to worry about it because it will go away. Well, guess what, Mister, I am now 3 wks post-op, and still have that numb spot!!! As the conversation continued, I realized that he had no idea about my medical hx, and was just arrogant and rude. He could have handled this in a much nicer way, and failed to do so. That, to me, speaks volumes about his personality. My tip to anyone: DO NOT use this provider. There are great MDs out there, and you deserve better. Who needs unnecessary pains and aches after undergoing a surgery??? It's your body, your health, and your life. Make the right decision.