Internist, Critical Care Specialist, Pulmonologist (lungs), Sleep Medicine Specialist

WAY OVER CHARGED!! show details WAY OVER CHARGED!!
by David M Thiel on Aug 14th, 2015

My husband visited the Dr. Rowen in May 2014, and the sleep center in June, 2014. We got advance approval from our Supplemental insurance. First visit, Dr was very nice, waited about 20 minutes for the 5 minutes we talked to the doctor. Never touch my husband. We were billed for an office visit of $150.00, then 9/2015 we are billed $130.89 for a "facility charge" so even though we are only supposed to be billed $45 for a specialist, we are billed $291.00 for the initial office visit. Then at the sleep clinic, they explained that my husband would be monitored via the leads that put on him, as well as cameras stationed around the room. After the visit, a week goes by and they tell us he has to come back because he rolled over in his sleep and they couldn't get a good reading!! So now he has to go back and sleep there again. Now it took another two months to get him in, so he cam back in 8/2014. Each time we are billed $1200. The insurance company never paid any thing, So we had to pay a balance of $830.55 after Medicare payments and that bill was dated for service from 5/2014. I wrote paid in full on the bill. Then in 4/2015 we get a bill from the previous 11/2014 we went back for the final follow-up (again per my insurance I should only be billed $45) I get a bill for $104.86. I pay it and then stamp it paid in full. Now it is 8/2015 and I am billed another $130.89 for a "facility charge" back to the original 5/2014 date. When calling the billing company they say that is correct because the insurance company never made a determination on that charge way back last May!! My portion now is only $18.51, what is my issue. Medicare did pay a portion, but I pointed out that an initial visit than adds up to $291.00 with both an "office visit" and a "facility charge", but of course the biller only collects the doctor charges. The office refers you to the biller. So catch 22, you just pay, even years later whatever they bill. Just a WARNING, be sure to watch your bills closely because I feel they way overcharge and there is nothing you can do!!!!

Apr 13th, 2015

life changing

Great doctor show details Great doctor
by Cris paiva on Oct 13th, 2014

I have been going to the practice for about 3 years, and really n Like this doctor

He is a heart caring DR. show details He is a heart caring DR.
Sep 11th, 2008

We dont mind the time we spend going to see him , he always make you fell at ease.