Hospitalist, Internists
Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak
3601 W 13 Mile Rd
Royal Oak, MI 48073
248-691-8646
Locations and availability (5)

|  Fantastic  |  show details
Aug 29th, 2012

Dr. Haas was so wonderful with my dad at Beaumont! Incredible bedside manor and took plenty of time with him. Thank you!!

|  Very capable and competent doctor!  |  show details
Nov 5th, 2011

I was brought in to the ER and diagnosed with diverticulitis. I had a 5 days stay and Dr. Haas was my assigned doctor. When diverticulitis occurs, in severe cases, patients may need hospitalization and intravenous antibiotics. I was hurting real bad like. Dr. Haas proved very capable in treating my illness and in providing good care. When he first walks in, you feel very relaxed with hsi down to earth attitude. I was HAPPY with his treatment plan and hope I don't have to return.

|  Pancreatitis - ACDF Discectomy  |  show details
by J.H. Douglas on May 25th, 2011

Entering through the emergency area of Wm. Beaumont Hospital (WBH) in Royal Oak, MI, I had no idea what my problem was or what I was in for. All I knew was that I was in a great deal of pain, and something was just not right. Exactly when Dr. Haas got involved, I do not know. I entered WBH at 2:30P.M. and after many tests was admitted to a room by 10:30P.M. that night with a diagnosis that Dr. Haas explained was Pancreatitis. The Pancreatitis was caused by a combination of Prednisone and Daypro that I took orally for about 3 days to treat a severe stiff neck. My first night was terrible because the stiff neck became so painful that I could only sleep while sitting upright in a chair after receiving a pain shot. It affected my shoulder and right arm too. When told of the painful night that I had, Dr. Haas ordered an MRI of my neck on day 2. That same day Dr. Haas explained to me that I had 3 discs in my neck that needed to be replaced. He discharged me to go home for a week to let my Pancreas simmer down. He explained that during or immediately after my impending surgery it might have been necessary to administer Prednisone, which could not be done if my Pancreas was still inflamed. When I was discharged the first time, I was given a script for Oxycontin which I have been taking for years to treat a 1986 failed low-back laminectomy. When I tried to fill the script, the pharmicist told me insurance won't allow him to fill it because I had filled another Oxycontin script a couple of weeks earlier. So there I was, still in a great deal of pain, a script in hand to help with the pain, but I couldn't fill it. I did not know where to turn, so I called Dr. Haas and explained what was going on. About 30 minutes later he called me back to say the pharmacy would fill the script. I don't know how he did it, but he got me over that hurdle. I cannot say enough to credit Dr. Haas for all of his help and thoroughness in investigating my illnesses. Unfortunately, he does not have a brick-&-mortar office where he sees patients. The only patients he sees are those who are admitted to WBH on "his floor". There is no other floor that I'd rather be on. One other note: My three discs were successfully removed and replaced with wedges of cadaver leg-bones, eight titanium screws, and a titanium frame to hold everything in place until my vertibrae can fuse to the cadaver bones. Surgeon, Dr. David Montgomery did an excellent job on me. Today, I have absolutely NO pain radiating from my neck into my arms or shoulder. I only wish he had done my laminectomy in 1986.

|  show details
Feb 24th, 2009

Thanks for being my dad's Doc. Ray Jarosz -- Kim Reardon (Colorado) I know you did the best you could for him.