Overall Review

December 4th, 2014
Extremely Satisfied
I had Sudden Intense onset of Left Flank and knew I had a Kidney Stone. I went to our local ER where after 20 minutes of poor/no treatment, I walked out. We drove an hour to Holland Hospital where we had Exceptional Care!! I was referred to Western Mi Urological Associates for follow up care. I thought I would pass the stone on my own, but after 10 days of Misery, I finally gave in. I called the office Monday Morning after the Long Thanksgiving Holiday. They had NO appts available for that day BUT, knowing I had suffered so long, they made time for me. My appt was for 4pm, we arrived early after having an Xray done. We expected to wait but were taken right back upon our arrival. (45 minutes early) Dr Willoughby was Awesome. Matter of Fact, Gave many Options and allowed my husband and I to come up with a plan that worked for us. He was able to Add me to his surgery schedule the very next day!!! We left the office BEFORE my scheduled apt time. (when does that happen at a doctors office??) He did an Amazing Job removing the stone that had been stuck in my Ureter and most likely would have Never Passed on its own. He encouraged me to call anytime with questions. I felt Extremely Comfortable with him, and as an RN myself, I can be quite picky!!

February 14th, 2010
bv
I saw Dr Willoughby for a urological problem I was having and my experience was not good. He briefly listened to me explain my problem, gave me his diagnosis and recommended surgery. Initially I decided to look for another course of treatment. After a few months I finally decided to go ahead with the surgery. It didn't work. I did some additional research and learned from my research that the surgery Dr Willoughby recommended and performed on me is not a recommended course of treatment for my problem. Dr Willoughby is a skilled physician. In my experience he had two big problems, he has a colossal ego and he does not listen to the patient. My experience was not a good one. I finally found a urologist that has successfully treated my problem. If I were you I'd keep looking.