Dr. Bradley Woods Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Bradley Woods?

Colonoscopy

Colonoscopy

Have you seen Dr. Bradley Woods?

5 Ratings with 1 Comment

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

Showing 5 Ratings with 1 Comment

March 2nd, 2016

Long wait then speed through appointment to get you In and Out

Had surgery on my back and woke up from surgery to find that the doctor was already in another surgery and would not be available to talk until 2 hours or better and even then they could not promise me that I would be able to talk to him before I left. He moved on without coming and checking on me while I was awake and he didn’t give me any pain prescription on top of that. I have never heard of anything like this happening before. The next day we called the office and talked to the nurse who stated the doctor was not in but would check on things and get back to me. She called back and said that the DR and his PA were not available but they would contact my primary care and see if they could give me something for pain. The nurse told me she talked to the DR who stated he didn’t write me anything for pain because he saw I had it on my medication list. OMG… One this medication has several uses for areas of pain and the reason I had the few pills I did have was because of something completely different and two my doctor for that medication is not even in this town and it normally takes one to two weeks to even get one filled. By this point I am think that the entire office is working at about a high school level of education. During the weekend I took the medication I had for my MS pain (Which had nothing to do with the back situation at all) and on Monday was able to get 4 day’s worth of pain medication to get me by. I fought through pain just trying to space these out to the point that I could make it to my second appointment. My anxiety and blood pressure during this time because of being in so much pain was through to the moon and when my wound started to drain the pain that was at that time getting a little better started hurting again even worse. I called the office and told them and got a new dressing put on and the doctor didn’t check on me at that time. At my second (or 3rd depending if you count the Monday prior) appointment LESS the 2 weeks after surgery he told me he could not give me anything for the pain because it was too far out after surgery. ONE… it had been less than two week from being cut open!!! They acted like it had been a month and I was all closed up or something. Two… I had to take my MS medication to get me by during the time he gave me nothing. I explained that I had to use my medication for MS pain and on top of that am still in a pain (today was at a 5/6 and that was with taking my last pain pill)… he said oh sorry about that. Then rushed out of the room, which he was only in for all of 5 minutes) I asked the nurse if he could at least write me prescription strengthen Aleve or Motrin and she said he won’t because you can buy it over the counter. Well why I should have to spend extra money to do that when it is not even my fault he had never given me a prescription. This was the worst service I have ever had and even the nurse at my PCP office was shocked at how ridiculous this all was. I can’t wait to tell my MS doctor about it all. I understand the importance of not over doing pain medication… As part of my job I help people with addiction issues but that was not what this was about. He, to date has still not written me any prescription which to me is just ridiculous when you have preformed surgery on someone. To sum this horrible experience all up had surgery-no medication given-has no patient service skills-long wait times in office for both DR appointments- wound has still not heeled so can’t even tell you how that will look when done so far still draining.

May 17th, 2017