Dr. Brady Barker MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

December 16th, 2014
awesome doc!!!

October 5th, 2012
Go ANYWHERE but here! HORRIBLE DOCTOR!
I am sure Dr. Barker is a nice man. BUT He is the WORST DOCTOR EVER... ..... He is so horrible that I thought he was joking. He wasn't. Dr. Barker treated me for a spirial break near my ankle. The Dr. in the emergency room told me that I would need a plate and screws so he referred me to Dr. Barker. Dr. Barker looked at my ex-ray and then sent a nurse to put a walking boot on me. I made an appointment to go back the next day because the walking boot was not going to work for several reasons. He just shrugged and didn't know what to do. I asked if he could refer me to a specialist and he couldn't???? I asked his staff if they could and they said they could TRY??? I had a broken leg! I kept the rest of my appointments with him and six weeks later he told me I did not need the boot any more. I have had so much pain and discomfort that I finally went to another doctor in another part of the state. My bone has STILL not healed and it has been FIVE months since I broke it. The new Dr. said he would need to do surgery, put in a plate and screws as that is what should have been done at the beginning. I went to another Dr. and he said the SAME thing. At the VERY LEAST I should have been put into a hard cast. There was no way my bone could have healed in a "walking boot"....... Because the bone was not held stationary with a plate and screws my leg has incurred MORE injury. I am going to have to have surgery. Dr. Barker is HORRIBLE.... Does not know what he is doing and apparently has no other Doctors in the medical field that he can even refer patients to. He must have a horrible reputation with other Doctors as well as with patients.

March 17th, 2012
Complete lack of caring and compassion
I saw PA Brandon Hanson on Friday for some ongoing knee pain I was dealing with. I got a cortisone shot from him and he asked me if I needed any pain meds. I told him no because I hadn't needed any in the past. However by Friday night I was having some major pain due to the shot I received. I didn't sleep much Friday night and called the on-call dr (Brady Barker) Saturday morning. I told him my situation and asked if he could give me something to help me sleep during the weekend and I would call my pa on monday. He treated me like I was a drug addict. He told me if the pain was so bad I could go to the ER or wait til monday. He would not give me anything. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. He had no concern for my situation or my pain!

December 13th, 2010
Spectacular!
Dr. Barker's bedside manner is excellent. He expressed genuine care and concern for my concerns. I felt so very lucky to have had him assigned to perform my surgery. He spent additional time to come talk to me after his shift was over the evening before my surgery! His pre-surgery talk and after-surgery talk was so very re-assuring. I can't express enough how I feel God smiled on me in having Dr. Barker perform my anterior hip replacement as I was at a county hospital with my only insurance being what the state provides for people with no insurance. You would have thought I was paying Dr. Barker fifty thousand dollars the way he treated me, not the two to five thousand he charged the hospital!!