Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Video profile

2.0

not impressed - very uninterested show details not impressed - very uninterested
by Victoria Martinez on Jul 14th, 2015

Started off with shoulder pain and one of the associates at this practice recommended PT. Did PT for 2 weeks and suddenly started to have horrible neck pain. Did MRI and Was then referred to Dr. gielser. He was completely uninterested and spent about 1 minute assessing my neck. He said that neck flare ups happen and usually resolve themselves with a few weeks. He said my MRI showed usual wear and tear. It has been a year and half with constant neck pain since that appt. Went to see another Orthopedic surgeon and was told I needed surgery for bulging disc. Got a second opinion as well and he also thinks I need surgery due to pressure on my spinal cord. How did Dr. Giesler miss this? He honestly made me feel so silly for showing up and his bedside manner is just horrible. Completely bored with his profession or something.

Jul 2nd, 2015

He performed back surgery on me when I was in more severe pain than ever in my life. My pain is now gone and I am slowly regaining my strength. I am thankful I was referred to him.

Jun 30th, 2015

Did not seem to be overly interested in something I have dealt with for a number of months. Ended up scheduled for neurologist without even knowing if there was actually an issue or not

Save yourself the time and money... show details Save yourself the time and money...
Mar 28th, 2015

I saw this doctor when I reached a point where I couldn't handle the pain of a 10-year old back problem. I have seen another spinal orthopedic surgeon (whom I can no longer see due to insurance changes) and have been diagnosed with several back problems. Not only were my concerns ignored, but he did not even mention these diagnoses until I asked about them at the end of the appointment, at which time he simply dismissed them and told me I just need to exercise. I am one who loves exercise and did so regularly until my pain got too bad. This doctor rushed my appointment and left me with no relief or hope that I could ever have relief. I'm appalled that a man like this is allowed to call himself a doctor. I have seen other doctors in his practice for other problems, and I would highly recommend them, but I would warn anyone against trusting their precious health in this man's careless hands.

Mar 18th, 2015

i will never deal with this doctor again , if your illness does not need a surgery they will not take care of you and will mislead you

Mar 16th, 2015

I have seen Dr. Geisler on two occasions for two bulging discs in my lower back. The first office visit, he seemed nice and referred me to physical therapy for month and wanted me to follow up after my PT. I finished my PT and made a follow up appointment. When he came in the room for my follow up appt. he asked what I was there for! I told him he asked me to follow up following my PT. He said that was unusual for him to do a follow up appt. I informed him I was still having pain. He did a very quick uninterested exam and ordered X-Rays and an MRI. He came back in briefly and told me the X-ray was normal and referred me to a Pain Mgmt. doctor. I have not to this day received any feedback from the MRI he took. I will not return to this practice and will not refer anyone to this practice if he is involved. I have seen other doctors in this practice with my children and was impressed with them.

Great experience show details Great experience
Dec 8th, 2014

Dr. Giesler is very conservative when it comes to surgery, he wants me to be active and always seeks non-agressive treatments. He is caring and has very friendly staff.

Apr 21st, 2014

I went to Dr Giesler for a broken wrist. I tried to ask a question after getting my cast off and Dr Giesler walked out of the room while I as asking a question. I guess questions are not to be asked. The nurse that came in to give me instructions rushed through the instructions and didn't seem to know what they were.

Mar 25th, 2014

Would never recommend this doctor to anyone. He was rude and acted like he would rather be anywhere other than listening to me. In fact, he didn't listen to me. I told a friend of mine about my experience and when I told her his name she said she had seen him as well with her husband and they had the exact same experience. The male nurse that came in first to go over things with me was very nice, but the female nurse was very rude. My Family doctor had wanted me to go to Southlake to the Spine Center, but I wanted to go closer to work. He tried to persusade me the drive to Southlake would be worth it and now I know why. I put one star on overall rating, but I wouldn't even give it a star. My physical therapist also said she had heard a similiar story regarding Dr. Giesler.

Retired Hurst Police Dept show details Retired Hurst Police Dept
by Wanda Musco on Dec 12th, 2013

My daughter has a back problem and has several things wrong due to a bad fall, and injured her spine. Her Doctor referred Dr Brady Giesler in Lewisville. After meeting with this doctor, She came home crying and said this Doctor was very rude, did not seem to care one way or the other. Said she would not recommend him to anyone and will see another Doctor.

Negative Experience show details Negative Experience
Jul 27th, 2013

I saw Dr. Giesler to get a second opinion. His staff was courteous and asked all of the required questions, which I think he read since he came in, never sat down and gave me a one sentence diagnosis. He failed to do any followup examinations which were later done by another Dr. That Dr. found that I had spondalosis which was contributing to my pain. When I went to the Office Manager to express my displeasure with him, she went on to defend him and shared how he prayed before each surgery. I explained to her that perhaps he should pray before each office visit. I would not recommend him in anyway. FYI, for the person who posted the positive feedback, know that my opinion is separate from anyone individual who shared with me their experiences.

Phenomenal! show details Phenomenal!
Nov 16th, 2012

I was skeptical at first about my surgery (L5 S1 microdiscectomy), as it was my first surgical procedure, so the typical fears came which I expected. I was also skeptical at first based on some reviews of Dr. Giesler that I had read. I was referred to Dr. Giesler from a good friend of mine in the area, who also happens to be a respected chiropractor in Flower Mound.I won't waste any more of your time with this review, as I know how it feels searching for peace of mind when looking for a reputable surgeon, whom you can entrust with your safety and well being.Dr. Giesler set the bar very high and any surgeons that I encounter in the future better bring their A game because Dr. Giesler made a very good impression on both myself and my wife, (who is hard to please by the way). He was very punctual, he explained everything thoroughly and answered all the questions my wife and I had. He was very gentle, which was evident based on my post surgical comfort. And while this may not be of much importance to some, the fact that he asked me if he could say a bedside prayer prior to my procedure, made me feel confident that he had a genuine interest in my well being!It is unfortunate that the other reviews I found were so negative. But, if one person has a bad experience they typically will tell a dozen people, however if one person has a good experience, they typically only tell one person, which just isn't fair! Anyhow, you know what they say about opinions, they're like ***holes and everyone has one. Chris.While this is definitely my opinion, it is an honest one and I felt compelled to share it, as I know that these reviews can be very helpful when deciding on a surgeon.

Neglectful show details Neglectful
Oct 31st, 2012

I trusted him with my spine, my safety and my overall health. I was told I needed emergency spinal surgery and had C3 total disc replacement done. What I have found out by seeing neurosurgeons and other orthopedists is that you are not a qualifies candidate for a prodisc if you have abnormal curvature of your spine! Your anatomy will go back to its normal place... Well that's exactly what happened. The prodisc fixed the curve in my spine and my anatomy went back to its normal state, resulting in the disc to shift into my esophagus! I'm in pain every single day with headaches that will not subside. I have to have a recorrective surgery now, according to several doctors I have seen else where... Dr. giesler denied the disc shift and kept sending me home without answers. The Several X-rays I have had done over the pat year and a half were shown back to him which showed shifting and he denied this... Horrible doctor. I'm 24 years old and live in constant pain because of him.

Poorly-run practice show details Poorly-run practice
Aug 15th, 2012

Office staff can make or break physicians. A poorly-run practice, where the focus is not patient care, can never be replaced by extravagance in a building, furnishings, or with modern art decorating the walls. And that is unfortunate, because no patient deserves to be chastized for asking to be treated equitably. Expecting calls to be returned in a timely manner; to be treated with respect; to not have non-medical staff making diagnosis and practicing medicine; are all tenets in every patients rights and responsibilities put forth by progressive institutions and physician groups. May I suggest that your administrator consider embracing such ideals rather than a disturbing response when a patient requests a transfer of records to another practice following issues in care?

Mar 27th, 2012

There isn't a word fit for print to describe what I think of this man.He should not be seeing patients. He is insulting. He has no clue how to say: I can not help you. Instead he is a jerk. That's the nicest word I can use.