Surgeons
500 W Main St
Ste 200
Lewisville, TX 75057
972-420-1776
Locations and availability (4)

1.5

Apr 21st, 2014

I went to Dr Giesler for a broken wrist. I tried to ask a question after getting my cast off and Dr Giesler walked out of the room while I as asking a question. I guess questions are not to be asked. The nurse that came in to give me instructions rushed through the instructions and didn't seem to know what they were.

Mar 25th, 2014

Would never recommend this doctor to anyone. He was rude and acted like he would rather be anywhere other than listening to me. In fact, he didn't listen to me. I told a friend of mine about my experience and when I told her his name she said she had seen him as well with her husband and they had the exact same experience. The male nurse that came in first to go over things with me was very nice, but the female nurse was very rude. My Family doctor had wanted me to go to Southlake to the Spine Center, but I wanted to go closer to work. He tried to persusade me the drive to Southlake would be worth it and now I know why. I put one star on overall rating, but I wouldn't even give it a star. My physical therapist also said she had heard a similiar story regarding Dr. Giesler.

|  Retired Hurst Police Dept  |  show details
by Wanda Musco on Dec 12th, 2013

My daughter has a back problem and has several things wrong due to a bad fall, and injured her spine. Her Doctor referred Dr Brady Giesler in Lewisville. After meeting with this doctor, She came home crying and said this Doctor was very rude, did not seem to care one way or the other. Said she would not recommend him to anyone and will see another Doctor.

|  Negative Experience  |  show details
Jul 27th, 2013

I saw Dr. Giesler to get a second opinion. His staff was courteous and asked all of the required questions, which I think he read since he came in, never sat down and gave me a one sentence diagnosis. He failed to do any followup examinations which were later done by another Dr. That Dr. found that I had spondalosis which was contributing to my pain. When I went to the Office Manager to express my displeasure with him, she went on to defend him and shared how he prayed before each surgery. I explained to her that perhaps he should pray before each office visit. I would not recommend him in anyway. FYI, for the person who posted the positive feedback, know that my opinion is separate from anyone individual who shared with me their experiences.

|  Phenomenal!  |  show details
Nov 16th, 2012

I was skeptical at first about my surgery (L5 S1 microdiscectomy), as it was my first surgical procedure, so the typical fears came which I expected. I was also skeptical at first based on some reviews of Dr. Giesler that I had read. I was referred to Dr. Giesler from a good friend of mine in the area, who also happens to be a respected chiropractor in Flower Mound.I won't waste any more of your time with this review, as I know how it feels searching for peace of mind when looking for a reputable surgeon, whom you can entrust with your safety and well being.Dr. Giesler set the bar very high and any surgeons that I encounter in the future better bring their A game because Dr. Giesler made a very good impression on both myself and my wife, (who is hard to please by the way). He was very punctual, he explained everything thoroughly and answered all the questions my wife and I had. He was very gentle, which was evident based on my post surgical comfort. And while this may not be of much importance to some, the fact that he asked me if he could say a bedside prayer prior to my procedure, made me feel confident that he had a genuine interest in my well being!It is unfortunate that the other reviews I found were so negative. But, if one person has a bad experience they typically will tell a dozen people, however if one person has a good experience, they typically only tell one person, which just isn't fair! Anyhow, you know what they say about opinions, they're like ***holes and everyone has one. Chris.While this is definitely my opinion, it is an honest one and I felt compelled to share it, as I know that these reviews can be very helpful when deciding on a surgeon.

|  Thanks to all for Tthe heads up  |  show details
Nov 5th, 2012

Thanks to all of you for the heads up. Your thorough and thoughtful reviews have given me an insight into this doctor and his practice that I had not had access to prior to reading them.Had I gone to see him, I am 100 percent sure I would live to regret it, if, in fact, I did live -- which is always a concern when surgery is involved, as it would be here.What a shame that this doctor harmed a healthy, vital 24 year old.What a waste.And the office staff? It can make or break a practice.In this case, with all these strikes against Dr. Geisler and his office staff, count me lucky that I'm not going to step foot near them.

|  Neglectful  |  show details
Oct 31st, 2012

I trusted him with my spine, my safety and my overall health. I was told I needed emergency spinal surgery and had C3 total disc replacement done. What I have found out by seeing neurosurgeons and other orthopedists is that you are not a qualifies candidate for a prodisc if you have abnormal curvature of your spine! Your anatomy will go back to its normal place... Well that's exactly what happened. The prodisc fixed the curve in my spine and my anatomy went back to its normal state, resulting in the disc to shift into my esophagus! I'm in pain every single day with headaches that will not subside. I have to have a recorrective surgery now, according to several doctors I have seen else where... Dr. giesler denied the disc shift and kept sending me home without answers. The Several X-rays I have had done over the pat year and a half were shown back to him which showed shifting and he denied this... Horrible doctor. I'm 24 years old and live in constant pain because of him.

|  Poorly-run practice  |  show details
Aug 15th, 2012

Office staff can make or break physicians. A poorly-run practice, where the focus is not patient care, can never be replaced by extravagance in a building, furnishings, or with modern art decorating the walls. And that is unfortunate, because no patient deserves to be chastized for asking to be treated equitably. Expecting calls to be returned in a timely manner; to be treated with respect; to not have non-medical staff making diagnosis and practicing medicine; are all tenets in every patients rights and responsibilities put forth by progressive institutions and physician groups. May I suggest that your administrator consider embracing such ideals rather than a disturbing response when a patient requests a transfer of records to another practice following issues in care?

Mar 27th, 2012

There isn't a word fit for print to describe what I think of this man.He should not be seeing patients. He is insulting. He has no clue how to say: I can not help you. Instead he is a jerk. That's the nicest word I can use.