Dr. Brian Bashner MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

October 6th, 2016
Hit or miss
Pretentious and not that helpful.

September 16th, 2016
Great guy
I have been to see Dr. Bashner for 2 injuries and both have been handled great. I expected to need surgery for both injuries but Dr. Bashner was able to help me through them both and avoid surgery. Thank you

August 10th, 2015
Outstanding Doctor and Office
My first visit with Dr. Bashner was amazing. The office was clean and beautiful. The waiting time from filling out forms to seeing the doctor was 15 minutes. The doctor was completely hands on examination instead of question and answer for diagnosis. Bedside manners are above standard. I hope my next visit after my MRI and the possibility of knee surgery is as good as the first visit.

August 27th, 2013
Excellent Doctor!!!
Broken rt foot, torn meniscus-left knee, extensive damage to left hand and wrist due to repetitive motion job....always spot- on diagnosis, excellent care, re-hab, and follow up. If you want to be repaired and pain free, Dr B. Is your go to orthopedic guy!

May 22nd, 2013
God complex
After waiting for over 1.5 hours, his eminence finally examined me for 2 minutes. Got a $500 bill for nothing. His diagnosis was totally off. He reminded me of that doctor in the movie Malice. Went to see another doctor who treated me with respect and fixed my problem. Never again Dr. Bashner.You belong in Beverly Hills.

May 20th, 2013
Do not put your health in the hands of this doctor!
I took my 12 year old son to see Dr. Bashner after he was hit by a car and injured his knee. We brought x-rays which he reviewed and recommended physical therapy. After several weeks of therapy the pain was still there and the knee was buckling. I asked if he thought an MRI was necessary (even the physical therapist thought so) and he replied “no, he just needs to lose some weight and exercise. My son is tall and big for his age but not fat. Dr. Bashner asked to talk to me privately and said "I bet if I went to your house there would be a lot of junk there." How dare he judge me!!!! Admittedly so I am overweight but that is none of his business! We went to another ortho who immediately ordered an MRI only to discover my son had a really bad meniscal tear requiring surgery that resulted in the removal of 30% of the meniscus

March 27th, 2013
Fantastic!!
I don't have enough good things to say about Dr. Bashner! Take it from someone who has had a torn ACL since the age 11. I have seen my fair share of doctors and I swear this man is a miracle worker. After a very successful ACL reconstructive surgery two years ago with Dr. Bashner, he is the only orothopedic I would ever see again. I recently broke my wrist and went straight to this awesome man. His bedside manner is wonderful, just different from other doctors! He is talkative, funny and very intelligent while being aggressive with the injuries to assure you the best recovery! Dr. Bashner also took care of my dad's frozen shoulder with the greatest results we could have hoped for. Don't misinterpret his enthusiasm with inappropriate bedside manner. He is passionate about his work and brilliant at it! This doctor just has something about him that sets him apart from any other doctor I've seen. I would highly recommend Dr. Bashner!

March 6th, 2013
Great Experience!
One of the best experiences I have had with a doctor! He is very knowledgable, discussed different methods of treatment, and spent 20 minutes with me( better than the 5 minutes I get at all my other doctors!). And when I brought my daugter in for knee pain (she's a dancer) he was great with her! I have to admit, I was nervous about the appointment after reading some of these reviews, but now I realize it's probably a select few patients who have a poor experience and spend the time to write reviews... Well I'm doing my part!

March 1st, 2013
Misleading - Knows nothing about fitness
Been a Karate instructor for over 30 years - Needed a hip replacement - Operation went well but was then told (after the surgery mind you) that because of my narrow hips he had to put a short neck on the stem part of of the replacement making it unstable. I would have researched other options if I would have known this before the operation - Completely disrespectful and dismissive - If you lead a bovine lifestyle I guess he is ok - If you lead an active lifestyle.... Run! He says he has degrees in fitness, but remember: No matter how far a donkey travels, he still won't come back a horse...

January 18th, 2013
He is supposed to be in the top 200 for his field. OMG! Run from him! After several office visits and a different diagnosis or no diagnosis for every visit, I put my faith in him based on his reputation of being one of the best. My mistake! Beware! Late consistently, office appointments and surgery. Uses staples instead of sutures and does not provide enough pain medication post surgery. I am in more pain post surgery than prior. Very rude!

April 2nd, 2012
Great Surgeon
He is a bit short and talks in medical terms but if you ask questions or say that you don't understand he will spend the time to explain everything. In other words if you let him rush...he will. Other than that he fixed my shoulder and did a great job.

March 12th, 2012
Avoid this doctor whenever possible
This doctor did my knee surgery almost a year ago. I am still in pain. He is rude and condescending. His focus was on my weight even ater losing 30 lbs. I have a debilitating back condition, and was swollen due to steroids. He has done nothing but make me feel worse. I now have to wait for open enrollment to particpate in a different health care plan in order to get my problem with my knee resolved almost 2 years after the initial injury.