Dr. Brandi Le Boeuf MD Patient Reviews

• Emergency Medicine Austin, TX

• Good
  • Bad

June 2nd, 2017
Part of the growing "balance billing" scam
My wife was having an emergency medical situation. We called our insurance company, IdealCare, who instructed us to go to Seton NW Hospital's ER, because they are covered in our plan. We arrIved at Seton and handed over our insurance card, and paid our $100 copay. At this point, everyone knows we're covered by IdealCare, and as far as we know, we've already paid. Dr Le Boeuf grabbed my wife's chart and spent about ten minutes asking her some questions. She then wrote a prescription for antibiotics, and left. A month later, we received a bill for $715. We assumed it was a mistake, since we were covered by our insurance, and we'd already paid our copay up front. NOPE. Knowing we were covered by IdealCare, Dr Le Boeuf poached my wife's chart because she knew she could later "balance bill" us... since Le Boeuf does not accept IdealCare. This is a total scam practice. So we're stuck with an unexpected $715 bill that we wouldn't have to pay if Seton and Le Boeuf had not skirted our insurance coverage. I called it a "scam" because this is a KNOWN SCAM. The American College of Emergency Physicians is lobbying AGAINST federal and state laws which would prohibit this shady practice. It's a money game. Stay away from the doctors who engage in this immoral and unethical practice. Oh, and stay away from medical "professionals" who take advantage of people who are in pain, and then charge over $850.00 for a quick consult and an Rx slip.

April 1st, 2013
competency, kind, compassionate. tried very hard

October 31st, 2012
ER visit
I went to the ER for stomach issues. I had acid reflux which was burning my esophagus. I had worked all day and didn't feel like it was my heart. I had GERD symptoms, caused by an antibiotic. She immediately assumed it was my heart, gave me aspirin and hooked me up to a heart monitor. Everything was fine with my heart. She did not address the reason I came to the ER at all. Didn't address the raspy voice or the GERD symtoms.

November 23rd, 2010
Couldn't have asked for a more knowledgeable and thoughtful physician!

August 6th, 2009
Great bedside manner
Dr. LeBoeuf saw our daughter in the ER for what we thought was a heart problem, but turned out to be a panic attack. Dr. LeBoeuf was so gentle and could relate to our teenage daughter. She understood the stress of school and cheer and was right on w/ her diagnosis. Made my husband and I very comfortable at such a stressful time.

June 16th, 2008
This doctor is smart,young and very professional.
Dr. Brandi Leboeuf was my husbad's doctor, and assisted my husband very well. In only less thank 10 minutes she was already in the room. The shortest time I ever had to wait in the Emergency room. She was very carying and professional with a sweet sence of humor. Doctor's like her make people like us feel you are in good hands.

January 19th, 2017