Some ratings provided by DrScore. Doctor.com.
Surgery with ease show details Surgery with ease
by G. Gustafson on May 6th, 2015

Dr. Downs was very professional and caring in his approach with my medical problems. I would recommend him without hesitation and if the need ever arises, will most definitely use him again.

Total Knee Replacement show details Total Knee Replacement
by Myra Anderson on Dec 8th, 2013

Dr. Downs tried everything possible before we went to having to have a total knee replacement. I ended up having my Left done Aug, 4th within 6 weeks I was doing great. then Oct. 14th had to have the right one done for it went out on me. By Dec. 4th I was able to be dancing again. with some pain but nothing like it was before surgery. I would not go to any other doctor except Dr, Downs. He checked on me two or three times while I was in the hospital then I went to Rehab within 29 days for first one and 34 for second I feel that between him and my therapist at life care Center of Hickory Woods I would not be were I am at today. That is back enjoying dancing again. Thank you.

Excellent Physician show details Excellent Physician
by Joyce McKinzie on Aug 13th, 2013

I have been very pleased with the results of my shoulder surgery. Dr Downs is a caring, attentive physician who has always taken the time needed to understand my concerns and answer any questions. I will say that at times the wait to get in to see him was a bit long..the wait was well worth it for the care received. I highly recommend him!

Outstanding physicians show details Outstanding physicians
by Betty Fields on Aug 10th, 2013

Very nice and caring physician. He takes excellent care of his patients. Couldn't be happier with his care

Outstanding doctor show details Outstanding doctor
Sep 28th, 2012

Dr. Downs treated me very well. He took lots of time to take care of my issue.I greatly enjoyed the care that Dr. Downs provided for me.

Outstanding job show details Outstanding job
Jun 14th, 2012

Dr. Downs did a great job spending time with me and offering me all the options for care of my shoulder. I have improved greatly with his care.

BEST ORTHO. DOC. IN TOWN show details BEST ORTHO. DOC. IN TOWN
Jan 4th, 2012

I had the pleasure of being treated by Dr. Downs and his staff. WOW. I cannot say enough about the high level of care AND caring I received from Dr. Downs. He is a talented surgeon who also happens to have great bedside manner! I have never had a Dr. spend as much time answering my questions like Dr. Downs did during my visits. You just don' t find that kind of physician much anymore. I cannot thank him and his office staff enough!!! I will refer anyone I know to him who might need Ortho. care.

kind physician show details kind physician
Jan 2nd, 2012

I had my knee replaced by Doctor Downs. His staff treated me very kindly. Dr. Downs took a large amount of time with me. I have been very happy with his care. I send all my friends and family to see him.

Great job on rotator cuff repair show details Great job on rotator cuff repair
Jan 2nd, 2012

Dr. Downs did a great job on my rotator cuff repair. My strength and range of motion have improved well. He is a busy physician - a testament to many happy patients!

My knee will never be the same show details My knee will never be the same
Jan 2nd, 2012

I am currently looking for another surgeon to redo what Downs has done to my knee.

Pretty sure the comment below was written by his family show details Pretty sure the comment below was written by his family
Apr 15th, 2011

I had an ACL too. Twice. The 2nd time by another doc. The 2nd one worked, but now I have arthritis.

outstanding show details outstanding
by Anonymous on Feb 13th, 2011 on doctor.com

Outstanding physician. Very nice and considerate. Outstanding results. Highest recommendation!

Read Full Review at doctor.com
outstanding physician show details outstanding physician
by ACL tear patient on Nov 29th, 2010

Outstanding care provided by this physician. Great bedside manner. Best orthopaedic surgeon in Nashville.

by mr. letdown on Jul 15th, 2010

After surgery you don't see him. You see his PA. Concerns about post-op problems are blown-off. After PT was denied "he" supposedly was to file appeal on my behalf. After 3 wks of no action "he" said I could just do it at home-never mind PT hadn't even gotten to the point of teaching me meaningful and necessary strength exercises. When I went to follow-up appt. I finally saw him,not the PA. He didn't even know my PT had been denied. After 2 months of waiting I finally got the PT started again! Truly patient negligence. He's great before surgery, but afterwards, he moves on to the next big paycheck (surgery) and can't be bothered with the recovery end. Big big disappointment! I would NEVER have let him do surgery had I known this would happen!!!