Dr. Brandon Downs MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

October 13th, 2016
Fixed my knee like new now.
I have been seeing Dr Downs for a little over 5 years now, and I find him be always friendly and easy to talk to. I was injured at work and everything he has told me about my knee has come true. He is a very good surgeon. His staff at the office are the best people you will ever meet. Dr Downs did a total knee replacement on me and I have had a very good recovery, not only can I walk now without pain, but I have got my life back. Thanks Dr Downs and his staff.

August 23rd, 2016
outstanding physician
Dr. Downs did a wonderful job. I greatly enjoyed meeting him and having him take care of me. I strongly recommend his practice

August 22nd, 2016
Very professional, no nonsense. Does not rush into surgery until he has exhausted all other treatments.

August 9th, 2016
This is the first time in 15 years that I have been able to run without pain! He gets the job done!

May 24th, 2016
Don't go here
Absolutely a chop shop. Cut em up send em home and give em pain meds. Rude support staff with very little real information on the length or difficulty of recovery. Don't go here. You can do better.

October 6th, 2015
Terrible, young, inexperienced and sacastic
Dr. Downs was condescending and rude. After my experience with him I can only attribute that to inexperience and youth. He immediately wanted to go the most costly route for investigating my injury. When I questioned his judgement he was immediately defensive. So I decided to call my sister who is an MD/internist, my brother a medical malpractice attorney and text a cousin who is a Ortho PA. Dr. Downs then proceeded to ask me VERY SARCASTICALLY and arrogantly "WHAT, Are you consulting your AGENT?" I just said, sure, my agent and with that I was done. He was exceptionally immature, rude, insincere and condescending. None of which personify a good physician, more less so one who may determine the way I walk (if he performed a surgery). He could use a few courses in public relations and basic psychology.

October 2nd, 2015
I saw Dr. Downs for a Meniscus tear of my right knee and ended up rather disappointed as to the results and follow up care, in particular because I never saw him after surgery, and had complications, finally resulting in a face to face, almost two months following the procedure. He maybe a talented surgeon, but I'd say the follow up leaves greatly to be desired. It seems like I had to push for rehab, and generally they just wanted to be done with you after surgery. Certainly the complications and outcome were far different than I was led to expect before surgery. He seems like a nice enough guy, but I found the after care rather disappointing. I liked the staff. Now had things gone as expected, I'd give a higher rating. It is always possible that my knee was more heavily damaged than he or I recognized going in. Frankly, 4 or 5 months later, I am still not completely recovered, and maybe around 85 to 90% in spite a lot of rehab, and work on my part. Waiting times are ridiculous. If you have an appointment, honor it.

May 6th, 2015
Surgery with ease
Dr. Downs was very professional and caring in his approach with my medical problems. I would recommend him without hesitation and if the need ever arises, will most definitely use him again.

August 13th, 2013
Excellent Physician
I have been very pleased with the results of my shoulder surgery. Dr Downs is a caring, attentive physician who has always taken the time needed to understand my concerns and answer any questions. I will say that at times the wait to get in to see him was a bit long..the wait was well worth it for the care received. I highly recommend him!

August 10th, 2013
Outstanding physicians
Very nice and caring physician. He takes excellent care of his patients. Couldn't be happier with his care

September 28th, 2012
Outstanding doctor
Dr. Downs treated me very well. He took lots of time to take care of my issue.I greatly enjoyed the care that Dr. Downs provided for me.

June 14th, 2012
Outstanding job
Dr. Downs did a great job spending time with me and offering me all the options for care of my shoulder. I have improved greatly with his care.