3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Doctor.com.
Don't go here show details Don't go here
by Allen on May 24th, 2016

Absolutely a chop shop. Cut em up send em home and give em pain meds. Rude support staff with very little real information on the length or difficulty of recovery. Don't go here. You can do better.

Terrible, young, inexperienced and sacastic show details Terrible, young, inexperienced and sacastic
Oct 6th, 2015

Dr. Downs was condescending and rude. After my experience with him I can only attribute that to inexperience and youth. He immediately wanted to go the most costly route for investigating my injury. When I questioned his judgement he was immediately defensive. So I decided to call my sister who is an MD/internist, my brother a medical malpractice attorney and text a cousin who is a Ortho PA. Dr. Downs then proceeded to ask me VERY SARCASTICALLY and arrogantly "WHAT, Are you consulting your AGENT?" I just said, sure, my agent and with that I was done. He was exceptionally immature, rude, insincere and condescending. None of which personify a good physician, more less so one who may determine the way I walk (if he performed a surgery). He could use a few courses in public relations and basic psychology.

by Gregg Peterson on Oct 2nd, 2015

I saw Dr. Downs for a Meniscus tear of my right knee and ended up rather disappointed as to the results and follow up care, in particular because I never saw him after surgery, and had complications, finally resulting in a face to face, almost two months following the procedure. He maybe a talented surgeon, but I'd say the follow up leaves greatly to be desired. It seems like I had to push for rehab, and generally they just wanted to be done with you after surgery. Certainly the complications and outcome were far different than I was led to expect before surgery. He seems like a nice enough guy, but I found the after care rather disappointing. I liked the staff. Now had things gone as expected, I'd give a higher rating. It is always possible that my knee was more heavily damaged than he or I recognized going in. Frankly, 4 or 5 months later, I am still not completely recovered, and maybe around 85 to 90% in spite a lot of rehab, and work on my part. Waiting times are ridiculous. If you have an appointment, honor it.

Surgery with ease show details Surgery with ease
by G. Gustafson on May 6th, 2015

Dr. Downs was very professional and caring in his approach with my medical problems. I would recommend him without hesitation and if the need ever arises, will most definitely use him again.

Excellent Physician show details Excellent Physician
by Joyce McKinzie on Aug 13th, 2013

I have been very pleased with the results of my shoulder surgery. Dr Downs is a caring, attentive physician who has always taken the time needed to understand my concerns and answer any questions. I will say that at times the wait to get in to see him was a bit long..the wait was well worth it for the care received. I highly recommend him!

Outstanding physicians show details Outstanding physicians
by Betty Fields on Aug 10th, 2013

Very nice and caring physician. He takes excellent care of his patients. Couldn't be happier with his care

Outstanding doctor show details Outstanding doctor
Sep 28th, 2012

Dr. Downs treated me very well. He took lots of time to take care of my issue.I greatly enjoyed the care that Dr. Downs provided for me.

Outstanding job show details Outstanding job
Jun 14th, 2012

Dr. Downs did a great job spending time with me and offering me all the options for care of my shoulder. I have improved greatly with his care.

BEST ORTHO. DOC. IN TOWN show details BEST ORTHO. DOC. IN TOWN
Jan 4th, 2012

I had the pleasure of being treated by Dr. Downs and his staff. WOW. I cannot say enough about the high level of care AND caring I received from Dr. Downs. He is a talented surgeon who also happens to have great bedside manner! I have never had a Dr. spend as much time answering my questions like Dr. Downs did during my visits. You just don' t find that kind of physician much anymore. I cannot thank him and his office staff enough!!! I will refer anyone I know to him who might need Ortho. care.

kind physician show details kind physician
Jan 2nd, 2012

I had my knee replaced by Doctor Downs. His staff treated me very kindly. Dr. Downs took a large amount of time with me. I have been very happy with his care. I send all my friends and family to see him.

Great job on rotator cuff repair show details Great job on rotator cuff repair
Jan 2nd, 2012

Dr. Downs did a great job on my rotator cuff repair. My strength and range of motion have improved well. He is a busy physician - a testament to many happy patients!

My knee will never be the same show details My knee will never be the same
Jan 2nd, 2012

I am currently looking for another surgeon to redo what Downs has done to my knee.

Pretty sure the comment below was written by his family show details Pretty sure the comment below was written by his family
Apr 15th, 2011

I had an ACL too. Twice. The 2nd time by another doc. The 2nd one worked, but now I have arthritis.

outstanding show details outstanding
by Anonymous on Feb 13th, 2011 on doctor.com

Outstanding physician. Very nice and considerate. Outstanding results. Highest recommendation!

Read Full Review at doctor.com
outstanding physician show details outstanding physician
by ACL tear patient on Nov 29th, 2010

Outstanding care provided by this physician. Great bedside manner. Best orthopaedic surgeon in Nashville.

by mr. letdown on Jul 15th, 2010

After surgery you don't see him. You see his PA. Concerns about post-op problems are blown-off. After PT was denied "he" supposedly was to file appeal on my behalf. After 3 wks of no action "he" said I could just do it at home-never mind PT hadn't even gotten to the point of teaching me meaningful and necessary strength exercises. When I went to follow-up appt. I finally saw him,not the PA. He didn't even know my PT had been denied. After 2 months of waiting I finally got the PT started again! Truly patient negligence. He's great before surgery, but afterwards, he moves on to the next big paycheck (surgery) and can't be bothered with the recovery end. Big big disappointment! I would NEVER have let him do surgery had I known this would happen!!!