Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat), Plastic Surgery Specialist, Surgical Specialist

Mar 24th, 2015

I saw Dr. Ma. 3 yes ago. Our infant needed to have surgery on his tongue tie. Dr. Ma was so helpful all the staff were very professional. They are a very busy office. Dr. Ma did the surgery on our son and checked back with us during recovery. I recommend him.

I tried to provide the documents they asked of me but in the end was told I would have to reschedule--no one seemed to care. show details I tried to provide the documents they asked of me but in the end was told I would have to reschedule--no one seemed to care.
by Tim Morrell on Feb 11th, 2013

Unfortunately, my initial experience at Dr. Ma's office was not a good one. I found his actions not very customer oriented. When I scheduled my appointment, the receptionist asked that I "bring in-person a printed copy of my referral." I communicated these words to my GP's office and drove by there to pick-up the copy on my way to see Dr. Ma. Long story short, it was the wrong documentation and I was asked to call my GP and work it out which, without going into endless details, my GP could not do so on the spot. So having waited weeks to arrange this appoint, driven nearly an hour to get there, and missed work to be there, my only option was to reschedule. I declined because the whole process seemed overly complicated and I was upset. I really needed to see a doctor and that wasn't going to happen, obviously. I figured I could go to a clinic and pay out of pocket. Mix-ups happen but the reason I write this review is because of my disappointment with Dr. Ma. He was standing behind his employee for this exchange--btw, I was very soft spoken and polite. Standing there, grinning (from some reason) and offering not a word, really made me think about how he views is patients. It's just good customer service to make your patient feel better during a mix-up, to understand their frustration and help them find a solution, even if your feel the fault is not your own. I realized in that moment that I made the right choice not to associate with Dr. Ma and thought I should share my experience: Not from being disgruntled (I write positive reviews too!) but because we all spend a lot of time and money searching for good doctors. Thank you.