Dr. Brandon Mcmahon MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.8

May 29th, 2015
Dr. McMahon is truly a life saver and one of the BEST doctors you could ever meet. His knowledge and bedside manner are above and beyond excellent! He always provides exceptional care and he always follows up.

December 26th, 2014
Dr McMahon stands out among his colleagues at NW. He pays attention to details, explains really complex hematologic issues simply, and asks questions about who you the patient are. I had an abnormal finding and he ordered the necessary tests needed to rule certain things out. I emailed him a question on Christmas and he responded by 10am the next morning. In fact Ive always received a personal response to my messages within 24 hours. He's always on time for appointments and kept my appointment late in the afternoon when I was 20 minutes late. He is a standout and sm so glad I selected him as my dr.

January 29th, 2014
This guy's a class act. His bedside manner is patient, explanatory, and respectful. He was not afraid to order Labs in fear of a 'false positive'. He explained what we would do in the event the results were abnormal. He was able to use good examples to convey complex medical concepts. So glad I chose him.

August 8th, 2013
Brilliant and Caring
Totally amazing doctor. He was able to diagnose my son's blood disorder when no one else could. He has been one of the most caring doctors as well, making time in his schedule, and being willing to explain things that were unclear. I am not sure where my son would be now had we not been able to get in to see him.

November 4th, 2011
Dr. McMahon is the best hematologist I've ever had. I've even recommended to family with hemophilia. Not only is he ridiculously smart, but he and his staff are the most courteous I've encountered. I've had to go to other doctors at Northwestern, but no one comes close the the courtesy I've received from him and his staff.

January 8th, 2011
DR. MCMAHON,HIS CLINCLE SKIILS ALONG WITH HIS PEOPLE SKILLS MAKE HIM ONE MY 5 OUTSTANDING DOCTORS NWMH HAS ON STAFF.MY FEELING, DR. MCMAHON WILL GO ON TO HAVE AN ALL-STAR CAREER AT NWMH.ON A SCALE 1-10,HE IS IN THE VERY HIGH NINES.

November 11th, 2008
A wonderful doctor!
Dr. McMahon has my highest respect. He is an incredibley caring individual who treats you with care, ease, and a manner more fitting the term "healer" than doctor. He did not assume I knew nothing about my condition and he answered all my questions. I have dealt with my condition for several years and he respected that. He found out what worked best for me and even found a way to decrease my prescription costs monthly. I have been to more than one hematologist in my life and he is, by far, the one i was most comfortable with. My only concern is that he cannot be my GP as well as my hematologist!