Branko Prpa MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 26 reviews

August 19th, 2016
AMAZING
I was asked to write a review and I felt so honored to do this because my experience was totally amazing and I will never forget what Dr Prpa and his staff did for me. The first day I meet this man I was totally comfortable with him I brought my aunt with me and she was very worried about the Dr. I picked but when we left his office she said he is the one. Dr Prpa gave me choices and I said I will get back to him and when I had things in place I called the office and gave them my timeline and all the things that I had planned out and that day, I had a appt. and a day scheduled for the L4 and L5 fusion. We were totally impressed! I thought I would be scared and nervous but I was so content with the hospital and the staff there as well. My experience with the hospital was wonderful from start to finish. All I remember is being told that we will take real good care of you and that is all I needed to hear and within time I was taken back to have my fusion done. The nurses on the floor after I was returned to my room were totally outstanding took care of me. I felt so calm and at ease. They did their job very well. Dr Prpa is someone I would highly recommend to anyone that needs a great back Doctor and someone that will tell you straight up whats going on and be honest with u and he will interact with family members as well. It is a full year recovery and he is right on top of that watching and checking with me. My recovery has been totally amazing and doing very well, I am three months out. I am a very determined person, so I put my brace on and went outside and my husband fixed something up for me to sit on and off I went to do what I love best and that is my flower gardens. I have not stop going since! I was told that I needed to lose weight to help me have better success in a long happy life with what I had done,I proved to Dr Prpa before surgery I lost weight and as as of I have lost 72 and so proud of that. Pt was in my future and that was the best thing that I ever did as well. A memory that I will never forget, Dr Prpa came to see me in recovery asked me how I was doing and I said " My a....... does not hurt anymore" well it was true! Dr Prpa has changed my life for the better and words will never be enough to say how grateful I am for not being in pain anymore!

July 2nd, 2015
Great Bedside Manner.
Dr Prpa is an excellent Dr with a great bedside manner. To me the bedside manner is of great importance. Especially after a major surgery like back surgery!

May 13th, 2015
I have not had the operation yet but I trust this man's expertise and staff completely.

March 27th, 2015
Excellent choice!
Dr. Prpa performed two fusions on me, 3 months apart. He is, by far, a very skilled and talented surgeon. I would, and will, recommend him to anyone who needs lumbar/cervical surgery.

February 15th, 2015
A real pleasure
I've been lucky enough to see the final result of Dr. Prpa's work, so when it came time for my husband to see a spine surgeon I knew he was the only one to trust. He recently did an anterior/posterior 2 level cervical fusion on him with excellent results. He explained in detail exactly what we were dealing with, and was honest and straight forward about our options. Even more impressive is the way in which he runs his practice. Dr. Prpa is truly respectful of you as an individual, and makes you feel like part of his family. His staff is hand picked for a reason - they are so patient friendly, and have helped with every question and need. They are extremely efficient at making his practice the exception rather than the norm. He is a superb surgeon and a wonderful person - I highly recommend him!!

February 12th, 2014
One of the best Doctors
I am just recovering from a second cervical fusion performed by Dr.Prpa. I had two levels fused by him over 8 years ago and was pain free for most of that time. When he performed my first fusion he said that with my type of work, and disc deterioration issues, I would have trouble with adjoining levels in two to four years but if I made the changes he recommended it would get more time before I needed more work. I made the changes and it lasted about 8 years. Recently I started to have pain and since DR. Prpa was no longer at my clinic went to see a different Ortho doctor. He said I again had disc issues but put me on meds and said this disc issue would resolve in 6 to 8 months with out surgery. 9 months later still in a lot of pain I call for a return visit and was told first appointment was two months out. At that time I went looking to see where Dr. Prpa was located and set up an appointment. When I saw him we went over the two MRI's I had and he showed how not only that the discs issues wouldn't have resolved as the other doctor said, but had gotten worse. He explained all my options, and the possible outcomes and we went ahead and did a posterior and anterior cervical fusion. Surgery went well, I was home from the hospital the next day and am recovering quickly. Dr. Prpa is very skillful, knowledgeable , and treats you like a family member. He tells you straight up . I felt very confident in him, enough to trust him with my spine twice.

December 27th, 2013
Feeling Great!
Unbelievable surgeon! Revised my previous neck surgery done at a different doctor. I knew something was wrong with my previous fusion but I wasn't sure. Dr. Prpa took one look at my MRI and knew exactly how to fix it. I was skeptical about getting another operation but I'm glad I did. It's been 8 months and I feel great. I would highly recommend him to anybody I know.

October 16th, 2013
Transportation Maintenance Worker
The confidence and experience of Dr Prpa put me at ease when it came time for my back surgery. I have had eighteen surgeries in my life and by far Dr. Prpa is in fact the best Orthopedic surgeon I have ever encountered.

May 31st, 2013
Miracle worker!!
I'm 54 years old. I had 11 cm tumor at thoracic t4 severely crushing my spinal cord. I was in a wheel chair nearly paralyzed from the neck down. I went to a major medical center and no one would touch me. Dr Prpa spent 15 hours going through my back and front. 3 weeks after surgery I went from being in a wheel chair to walking. I'm pain free 4 years later. Unbelievable surgeon with a gift from god. If dr Prpa can't help you no one can. He is very sophisticated and intelligent but down to earth. Definitely has an ego but it is well deserved. I couldn't be happier and would recommend if you live in Chicago or Milwaukee to see him. Best in the area hands down

March 5th, 2013
Very satisfied patient!
Had a 2 level cervical fusion by a renowned neurosurgeon in Chicago in 2003. After suffering chronic pain issues, and found out one of the levels never fused and that I would need a revision. I sought opinions from 1 neuro surgeon and 3 orthopedic surgeons, Dr. Prpa being one of them. During my consult with him, it was evident he has had a great deal of experience with revisions. His approach is honest and straightforward, yet he is also caring and personable. Recently, I began having sciatica issues and the MRI showed a herniated disc and a cyst. I didn't even get a second opinion because I was confident in Dr. Prpa's expertise. The cyst was attached to my spinal cord and was a tricky thing to remove. I am grateful he was my surgeon, as the results have been fantastic! I was also very happy with the hospital and staff. It is great to have such a talented surgeon in Kenosha!

August 2nd, 2012
He gave me the use of my arm back
Dr, Prpa showed my wife and I the MRI of my neck. He explained how injuries sustained in a car accident were affecting me. He explained the surgery in detail including all possible outcomes both good and bad. I had a fusion of C-5 through C-7. Even though my throat was sore for a few days from the surgery the pain relief was almost immediate. You can hardly see the incision site as he placed it in a fold in my skin.I would recommend Dr. Prpa to anyone.

June 4th, 2012
Very Pleasant Staff. Dr Prpa is outstanding!!!!!