A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. James Ellis:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. James Ellis is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. James Ellis, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Ellis graduated from The University of Texas at Austin.
Dr. Ellis has 12 hospital affiliations:
- St Luke's Baptist Hospital
- Methodist Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ellis accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 4 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 7 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Community First Health Plans - 2 plans
- HealthPlus of Michigan - 5 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 4 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 8 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. James B. Ellis practice?
Dr. James Ellis practices Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology, Hematology & Oncology, Hematology, and Orthopaedic Surgery near San Antonio, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Boerne, TX.
See San Antonio Internists, San Antonio Oncologists, San Antonio Hematologists, and San Antonio Orthopedic Surgeons.