Dr. Brantley Vitek Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Brantley Vitek?

Posted on July 13th, 2017

Why is it when a doctor can not help they fault the patient and always direct them to lose weight? Turns out my severe OA knee pain was aggravated by shoe souls being too soft and a gait problem stemming from six spine fusions and the opposite leg ankle being fused since childhood. His bedside manner is hurried, brusque and insensitive. He may be a skilled surgeon, but he does not listen without faulting the patient, and disbelieves what the patient tells him. Yes, I have difficulty losing weight on a diet below 1,000 calories a day due to being sedentary and two meds for chronic illneses known to cause weight gain. Athletes do not make compassionate doctors. I won't go back to him due to his bedside manner of blaming patient for everything. He failed to diagnose the problem. Inspiration from prayer gave me the answer for the immediate severe pain issue iliotibial band friction and inflammation from awkward gait.

Posted on June 30th, 2016

I had a severe fall resulting in severely broken elbow. Dr. Vitek performed a complex surgery resulting in full use and flexibility of my arm. Excellent bedside humor and great surgeon.

Posted on December 21st, 2015

Dr Brantley is great. His staff however is completely incompetent. He told me we could get my surgery done by the end of the year on current deductibles. His scheduling staff never got back to me when agreed, I had to chase them down by phone. 3 calls from me got 1 return call and never did they follow through with their commitments. In the end they told me because of my insurance they couldnt do the surgery on an outpatient basis. Dr Vitek just lost a patient. And I liked him.

Posted on January 23rd, 2015

He was great. Instead of pushing surgery he suggested a prednisone injection that worked before I got out to the parking lot! Unfortunately he is no longer with Inova and they wont tell me where he went .

Grateful for Dr. Vitek

Posted on January 2nd, 2012

He is the best orthopaedic surgeon anyone could as for. A true healer, and a very good person, too!

Posted on October 1st, 2017