Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by CitySearch.
 |  My doctor for several years now  |  show details
by Denise Markey on Oct 31st, 2013

I have been seeing Dr Axmann for several years. Her staff is always courteous and pleasant. I never have to wait very long. (always wait forever with PCP) The doctor is professional and yet personal, knowledgeable yet easy to understand. She gets her point across with a dollop of humor. (yep that's right I said it, a dollop) I have recommended her many times and will continue to do so.

|  What a Pro!  |  show details
May 23rd, 2012

She knows her stuff! Explained (and even drew a diagram) her thought process of diagnosing my problem and I have all the confidence in the world in her ability to treat me well and professionally.

|  Mixed messages, delays  |  show details
Jul 31st, 2011

Asked and was told she prescribed and was versed in Bio-Identicals. When I spoke with her she said it was only in cases of fertility. Apologized for confusion. Suggested several tests not covered by insurance (DHEA, Spectra cell, and another). 500.00 later I Got a call that the report was being mailed to me. Called for explanation. And played phone tags with the nurse who worked every other day and could never answer a question. I tried to set up an appt to review the results and get a better understanding of how I should proceed. No call back. Finally realized test to make me feel that she had done something. Nurse told me to find an endocrinologist but they didn't know any. I showed the tests to my internist, the endo I did find, a nutritionist, and a chemistry teacher. All said a complete waste of money! Too bad I felt comfortable with her on a personal level, but the follow through whether from her or staff was lacking to say the least for me. I've given up on any bio-identical doctor in this area; even if they put it out there.

|  Extremely rude and condescending  |  show details
Mar 17th, 2011

Dr. Axman was extremely rude and condescending; she pretended to listen to my difficult situation and challenges I was facing only to make some totally inappropriate remarks on my patient sheet not to my face- . I found out when the information was sent to my primary care physician who has been providing care for me for almost 15 years. Needless to say, I was very upset and offended and I would NEVER go back or recommend her to anyone. She was cold and superior without knowing much about me (I actually have more degrees and education years) Her specialty is a sensitive one to begin with so I firmly believe that a good doctor patient relationship should be based on respect, trust and compassion. Sadly, she obviously lacks compassion and disrespects her patients.

|  show details
Mar 14th, 2011

Dr. Axmann is an awesome physician and a caring physician. I had a real medical scare and she took me through it with concern and consulting with appropriate specialists. I would recommend her without reservation. Thanks, Dr. Axmann, for everything you did for me.

|  Hoped for more ethical treatment  |  show details
Feb 22nd, 2011

I did not find it of value to meet with this doctor, I would think that it would have been more ethical for the doctor to have simply admitted that she had nothing of value to add in terms of medical advice (as I was seeking infertility help), and refused a consult with me, instead of wasting my time and money and her time, achieving zero value.

|  Questionable ethics  |  show details
by 11hope at Citysearch on Feb 22nd, 2011 on citysearch.com

Doctor is reasonably pleasant, but completely useless, and quite unethical. Instead of refusing the consult with me on infertility an area she does not have any medical insight into, she took the consult and wasted my money and time having me sit there and charge me money for me to tell her about my medical history without any substantive advice in terms of what I should do regarding my condition. This could be the reason that US healthcare is so expensive, because lots of money are being charged, without any metrics or standards for the providers. This is very unfortunate, it really comes down to how ethical each provider is. An ethical provider will simply admit they are not qualified to offer advice in areas they are not expert in, but often times a provider will take the patient`s money and just sit there, recording what the patient says, and offers no advice and charges 250. This is in sharp contrast to \"less advanced\" nations where having a consult costs no more than 15, and real advice and actions are given in a medical setting, where some measurable value is given for the 15 consult fee.

|  Questionable ethics  |  show details
by 11hope at Citysearch on Feb 22nd, 2011 on citysearch.com

Doctor is reasonably pleasant, but completely useless, and quite unethical. Instead of refusing the consult with me on infertility an area she does not have any medical insight into, she took the consult and wasted my money and time having me sit there and charge me money for me to tell her about my medical history without any substantive advice in terms of what I should do regarding my condition. This could be the reason that US healthcare is so expensive, because lots of money are being charged, without any metrics or standards for the providers. This is very unfortunate, it really comes down to how ethical each provider is. An ethical provider will simply admit they are not qualified to offer advice in areas they are not expert in, but often times a provider will take the patient`s money and just sit there, recording what the patient says, and offers no advice and charges 250. This is in sharp contrast to \"\"less advanced\"\" nations where having a consult costs no more than 15, and real advice and actions are given in a medical setting, where some measurable value is given for the 15 consult fee.

|  Bioidentical Hormones and menopausal issues  |  show details
by juliejules4 at Citysearch on Jan 16th, 2008 on citysearch.com

very caring, listens well, excellent, caring staff. she is doing my hysto next month due to uterine prolapse. so far, I really like and trust her. our first visit she sat for 45 minutes talking and listening to me. Her staff is very quick to return calls and will ask Dr. Axmann questions on your behalf if needed. She doesn`t deliver babies anymore she has 3 kids and wanted a life. But she does specialize in hormonal issues, menopause etc. including the use and support of Bioidentical hormones if desired. She also does functional medicine. will let you know how the surgery and after care go and that will confirm that she is awesome.

|  show details