Adult Endocrinologist
120 Wedgewood Dr
Suite 207
Lincoln, NE 68510
402-489-8821
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  She made me feel worse  |  show details
Jul 10th, 2014

It is probably the worst experience I have ever had. I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer last year and the first time I met her she was like a bull in a China shop. I have been doing a lot of my own research and taking T4 and t3 medicine. I asked her if we could do more tests on my adrenal gland as well as other hormone levels and she refused. She said that is not the issue. I'm paying you money why is it that doctors don't listen. Thyroid patients have to actually fight for the right treatment and we shouldn't have to. Losing your thyroid is a big deal it changes your whole body so don't tell me I'm making it up. I will never go see her again.

|  Horrific Doc  |  show details
by DPatient on Apr 16th, 2014

For some unknown reason Dr. Bell refused to believe my original doctor's (I moved) diagnosis of LADA, a type of diabetes that requires insulin injections. Despite my normal weight and negative family history and risk factors for type 2 diabetes, she insisted I try type 2 diabetes medications. When I questioned her logic, and presented her with lab values that indicated I had LADA or type 1 diabetes, she became defensive and argumentative. She also informed me that she would not prescribe Armour Thyroid, even though I had been doing very well on this drug for many years. She insisted Armour Thyroid was an inferior drug and also insisted that my TSH was too low at .80, even though I had established that this level was were I felt well and was within normal limits. She wanted me to switch to Synthroid (a synthetic thyroid drug) even though I told her I had not done well on that drug in the past. She's arrogant and condescending...If you want to be well, run as fast as you can from this doctor. I am now being treated appropriately by a physician out of Omaha.

|  RN  |  show details
Jan 20th, 2014

My husband was unable to get an appointment with Dr. Bell. We were asked to send his medical records and insurance information and she would evaluate whether or not she wanted to accept him as a patient. I found this unacceptable as a medical professional. My husband anxious for help sent his records. A few weeks later he received a call that she would not take him on as a new patient. What kind of oath did this physician take?!? I am appalled that a physician would be so money hungry that they are going to pick and choose patients!

|  Easy to understand and did not jump to conclusions  |  show details
Dec 23rd, 2013

Very easy to understand and took time to diagnose and come up with plan of attack

|  show details
Dec 3rd, 2013

She seemed liked she cared at my first visit. But now she will not respond to me and tell me my results of my test. Very unprofessinal. She has had the results for 2 weeks. Her staff at first was very nice at first then rude.

|  show details
Feb 23rd, 2013

Very impressed with initial visits and Dr. Bell identified problems right away, but in subsequent visits, when I needed to refine medications, she acted like I was taking their time for no reason and the staff was rude about it.

|  Find somebody else  |  show details
Sep 17th, 2012

She is very unwilling to listen and to fiqure out what is wrong.

|  Rev. Dr. Raponzil L. Drake, DMin, MDiv  |  show details
Aug 5th, 2011

An absolutely caring, patient physician, who is both throrough and attentive. Dr. Bell listens to what I have to say, and is never rushed. I remember when I first needed to see her as a new patient, and living in Fairmont, NE, it would take over 2 months before she could see me, and I had run out of my thyroid meds. She sent me enough samples to get me through to my appointment. Seldom has anyone, let alone a physician I had never met before, been so willing to help me in a time of medical need. As a helping professional, most often I am called on to give help, so it really meant a lot for someone to show professional care for me.

|  Simply the best  |  show details
Aug 2nd, 2011

Dr. Bell is truly a professional caring physician. I was fortunate enough to see her for an ongoing medical problem. My first visit she spent well over 30 min. going over all of my medical history. she also told medical history from other physicians I had seen. Finally I had a proper diagnosis. She informed me of all of the treatments available to me and all the possible side effect as well as benefits. She did not push one treatment over another the case me all the tools I needed to decide for myself. She made you feel as if your medical care was a team effort. Her staff are also very caring and patient. Anyone that's lucky enough to see Dr. Bell will truly appreciate having her as their physician.

|  Brenda K Bell MD  |  show details
by Kari Zrust on Feb 2nd, 2011

I was having problems controlling my diabetes. She was very informative and is very caring. I report to her my blood sugars every three days and one time i called after hours and left a message, i got a return phone call promptly from the one of her staff gave her my information i needed to get to them and then in about 10 minutes or less Brenda called me on her original cell phone. i was certainly impressed i love DR. Bell she is amazing, as well a her staff.

|  She's the best....  |  show details
by Dayna on Feb 16th, 2010

Dr. Bell is a wonderul person and doctor. She genuinely cares about her patients and she is very thorough. I have seen her for many years and she has always been there to answer any questions I have had. Her office staff is awesome and they are prompt about returning phone calls and getting results to the patients. I feel so fortunate to have Dr. Bell as my physician and I would recommend her to anyone. She's the best.....

|  Super doc, wonder woman & great person!  |  show details
by Di on Jul 27th, 2009

I've never received better attention and care from any other doctor. Listens personally, not through a nurses notes. Spends time with you and truly cares about you. Even called after hours on a Friday to make sure I was OK and had the results before the weekend. Handled my case through a tough pregnancy and beyond. With levels all over the place, made sure every precaution was taken for the health of me and my child. Truly remarkable doctor and a caring and wonderful person.

|  very good experience  |  show details
by mw on Feb 3rd, 2009

It took a while to get in to see her but she was great. Very understanding and knowledgeable.

|  She's great!  |  show details
by Brittany on Oct 20th, 2008

There are only two endocrinologists in Lincoln (as far as I know). I went to the male doctor at first. He was awful! He was condescending and completely lacked empathy. I could go on and on. Dr. Bell on the other hand is wonderful! She is very caring and understanding. She also takes an interest in her patients.

|  Best specialist I have ever seen.  |  show details
by Randee on Sep 18th, 2008

Doctor Bell is really great she knows you and is personal even if you see her once a year. She knows what she is doing I feel very lucky to have her taking care of me. She made a difference in my quality of life. Her receptionist Pat is great too!