Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD The facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Brenda Buikema
Dr. Brenda Buikema, MD is a Doctor primarily located in North Liberty, IA, with other offices in Iowa City, IA and Iowa City, IA (and 1 other location). She has 12 years of experience. Her specialties include Occupational Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr. Buikema is affiliated with U of I Hospitals and Clinics, Mercy Hospital, Iowa City, IA and Mercy Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Brenda Buikema has the following 2 specialties
- Occupational Medicine
You might work with an occupational therapist when you’re injured or if you have a disability. They rehabilitate and assist patients with every day activities, such as eating, getting dressed, working and attending social events. This includes...
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad...
Dr. Brenda Buikema is similar to the following 3 Doctors near North Liberty, IA.
Dr. Patrick Hartley
Pulmonary Disease, Occupational Medicine
North Liberty, IA 0.01 mi29
Dr. Paari Dominic
Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology, Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine
North Liberty, IA 1.01 mi14
Dr. Edward Obrien
Coralville, IA 1.23 mi38