Dr. Brenda Izen Is this you?

3.2

Have you seen Dr. Brenda Izen?

Nice, but......

Posted on March 1st, 2013

Dr. Izen has been my doctor since I moved here 12 years ago, but I haven't been able to see her for the last 2 years. She always took the time to answer my questions and address any and all concerns I had. I always felt comfortable with her. Unfortunately due to her own medical problems she has been unable to perform well-woman exams. I have been seeing the NP, but would prefer Dr. Izen. She is no longer as accessible as before (even by phone) and her practice, unfortunately, has gone downhill.

Worst Office Ever.

Posted on May 29th, 2012

The physician wasn't so bad, although I rarely got to actually see her when I was a patient there. The wait time was extremely long every single visit. On my last visit I went to see the PA for a med refill, who then asked me how I was feeling. I said I was concerned that I was gaining a bit too much weight, being that it was after the holidays. She calculated my BMI and said verbatim "Well, there's a word for people like you." Then she proceeded to write down a word on a piece of paper and slid it across the table to me. The word was OBESE. Not kidding. Then she went on trying to sell me some weight loss sytem. I was so shocked that I left the office in tears. When I tried to speak with Dr. Izen about the matter, she never called me back and sent a letter saying that I needed to find another doctor. I put a review on Google right after it happened (about two years ago) and just saw it had been removed. In short, don't go here.

Office staff rude

Posted on November 11th, 2011

Office staff very rude !

Good Doctor, Terrible Staff

Posted on August 9th, 2011

Izen herself is kind, but she's off work more than she's in the office. Setting up an appointment with her is a challenge. Her staff is rude. The wait time is TERRIBLE.

Posted on June 1st, 2011

Rarely saw Dr. Izen, normally was seen by PA. The wait at the office was normally excessive 45 min or more. I was not able to talk to Izen about a problem on scripts that still had a 90 day refill on meds; her staff said I had to come in for a med check 1st. How can a blood work and med level check be done if you have no meds? This resulted in her sending us a letter stating that she could no longer meet our medical needs. This was probably a good thing since I drove 30 miles to her office and ended up waiting too long. Maybe if others question her practice her remaining patience wont have to wait so long to be treated.

Mixed

Posted on January 26th, 2011

Overall when I get to see Dr. Izen I like her and find that she takes her time and is able to solve my issue, however its rare I get to see Dr. Izen. I almost always get the PA Lois. Lois is okay, but she is not a Dr. Wait times can be obscene sometimes.

Great Doctor

Posted on January 18th, 2011

I have been a patient for about 18 years and have a lot of great things to say. Sure the wait time could be cut short but it's not like Dr. Izen to be less than thorough with her patients. To be thorough takes time. She has always been great with me and so has her staff. I would recommend her.

Posted on December 1st, 2010

Have been a patient for years but find the wait time unacceptable. Last visit I waited over an hour, most visits average at least 40 minutes.

Long waits terrible receptionist

Posted on November 18th, 2010

While I think Dr Izen and her PA are great - especially Lois the PA - dealing with the receptionist is a terrible experience. Each visit I have waited well over an hour to see anyone - on the last visit after waiting 1/2 hour - I asked if maybe they had forgotten about me - to a rude response by the receptionist and then hearing two other patients had been there (and ahead of me) for over an hour and a half. No matter how much I like them - I don't have that kind of time and certainly am not inclined to wait and be insulted in the same visit.

Posted on January 22nd, 2010