Dr. Brenda Waller MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

October 17th, 2016
Very positive
I have been a patient of Dr. Waller for several years as I have a chronic degenerative condition that causes me a.lot of pain. She is so caring and empathetic....a far cry from what I had been used to. She was able to get me back to having a good quality of life. No more weeks in bed or expensive emergency room visits. Dr. Waller and her staff are wonderful, caring people and I strongly recommend anyone suffering with chronic pain conditions to make an appointment! ☺

August 14th, 2016
Good pain management. Very perceptive.
The office personnel are professional. Dr. Waller is very perceptive. She listens to my concerns.

July 14th, 2016
Racist Doctor
Racist. Does not like white men. Makes racist comments. Makes mistakes on writing prescriptions, inadequate medication does not allow for months with 31 days. Does not return calls from pharmacies, other Doctors, or patients. Goes on vacation without leaving her patients with an on call doctor. Lies, misleads.

May 11th, 2016
Annoyed
Dr. Waller will be your Physician on her terms. If she becomes frustrated or angry, It's over. She is dishonest and unprofessional. CVS no longer accepts her prescriptions. Dr. Waller is currently under investigation for her practices. She prescribes the highest dose narcotics in the Central Va. area. If you are discharged from her practice she offers no assistance, even after years of prescribing narcotics. Dr. Waller is unable to keep other licensed health care providers working for her constant conflict. Her medical technicians are arrogant as well as her front desk help. Billing department is always transitioning.

April 2nd, 2016
Dr waller is a great Dr don't think you can bull s her it won't work she is the best friend you need to have if you have been on meds for years she is very straight just tell her the truth you will be OK she don't like to be lied to so don't do it

November 20th, 2014
where theres smoke theres usually fire ( liar liar pants on fire ) -
Dr Waller is NOT a bad doctor - she is absolutely a NO NON SENSE doctor. The second you think u will try to get oneover on her she smells it . there is NOTHING shehas not heard . the TRUTH will set you free and keep you coming back .. anybody that has any issues are either seeking or trying to keep their current level were is at when its obvious that you don't need it that bad anymore . don't forget that pain medicine over time will make you feel ( in some cases ) worse than you would if you either cut back or stopped completely. I am NOT a patient but I have friends / family from past & present and know enough to tell you : not to forget just because your excuses or reasoning makes sense in your head does NOT mean it does to the rest of the world . and 97 % of any complaints are from seekers abusers liars or desperate . and shes doing you a favor in the long run - like it or not !! ( just bc you find people that buy your lies dosent mean it flies in the real world

August 11th, 2014
She is no-nonsense, NOT rude!
People in the south mistake efficiency for rudeness. Not all doctors have the time or personality to sit there and make small talk with you. Dr. Waller immediately addressed my problems and has taken excellent care of my chronic pain issues for years. No one on her staff has ever been discourteous to me. In fact, they are very good. If you want to be charmed, find another doctor. If you want to be helped, go see Dr. Waller.

July 20th, 2014
2 1/2 years and just as rude as ever!
I have had chronic pain and lupus, (arthritis), after an accident 6 yrs ago. I had a wonderful, caring, very intelligent neurological pain management dr in Florida. I moved up here nearly three yrs ago and quickly found out that this dr is the only one capable of prescribing my medication. I have never met someone with such a terrible bedside manner! She had not heard of half of the procedures that I brought to the table, she pinched my side and said that my 5'6" 150 lb stature, "could stand to lose some weight". I flew back and forth to my Florida dr until that was not feasible any longer, all the while looking for another dr in this area. If at all possible, I would travel to UVA or Duke to find a dr.

May 13th, 2014
BAD
This has to be the worst Doctor. I have a family member who has seen her for a year now, and she is so strung out on pills it is ridiculous. Mrs. Brenda Waller should loose her license!! My family member is on four narcotics from this doctor , with quantities that are outrageous and unheard of. I would suggest no one go to this doctor unless you want to be strung out of pills.

September 10th, 2012
Current Patient
In reading some of the reviews and the langage use.If I was a doctor , not sure if I would like you as a patient. Look let's face it not all doctor's are good, but all patients are not eithier. I currently see Dr. Waller and feels she is easy to communicate with and her staff is very frendly and worked with me in setting my appointments. My life is so busy and can change at anytime. I known that she is a caring person and would recommend her 100% and have. She is GREAT.

August 23rd, 2012
bad doctor
the nurse was very nice when the doctor came in she didnt say much or ask me many questions she had a very bad attitude put me on a medication the i had a bad reaction to i called to tell them they never called me back i could have died and never even a phone call i do not reccomend this doctor to my worst enemy

June 22nd, 2011
God Sent!
I met Dr. Waller during a very critical time in my life. I truly believe had it not been for her my life and the life of my family would be extremely more difficult. At that time I was still employed as an engineer but had been struggling with chronic back pain, and after missing several months of work and seeing numerous doctors in Lynchburg and Charlottesville, I was jeopardy of losing my job as well as my sanity because no one could properly diagnose the problem or seemed to care due to the fact that my MRI appeared inconclusive. But then I met Dr. Waller, the first doctor that sympathized with my pain, she took a human approach to medicine which was something I had never experienced. Dr. Waller showed a compassion and competence that the others had been incapable or unwilling to. And after an exhaustive battery of test and tapping every specialist at her disposal, I was diagnosed with degenerative disc disease in not one but five of my lowest vertebrae. Her efforts have not only provided me with the only relief and treatment options available, but she was instrumental in helping me to secure disability status, without which I would not have been able to provide for my family. She is the first doctor I have ever met that was not just concerned about treating patients, but instead improving their quality of life.