Physiatrist (physical, rehabilitation)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  where theres smoke theres usually fire ( liar liar pants on fire ) -  |  show details
by Lola Loo Loo on Nov 20th, 2014

Dr Waller is NOT a bad doctor - she is absolutely a NO NON SENSE doctor. The second you think u will try to get oneover on her she smells it . there is NOTHING shehas not heard . the TRUTH will set you free and keep you coming back .. anybody that has any issues are either seeking or trying to keep their current level were is at when its obvious that you don't need it that bad anymore . don't forget that pain medicine over time will make you feel ( in some cases ) worse than you would if you either cut back or stopped completely. I am NOT a patient but I have friends / family from past & present and know enough to tell you : not to forget just because your excuses or reasoning makes sense in your head does NOT mean it does to the rest of the world . and 97 % of any complaints are from seekers abusers liars or desperate . and shes doing you a favor in the long run - like it or not !! ( just bc you find people that buy your lies dosent mean it flies in the real world

|  She is no-nonsense, NOT rude!  |  show details
Aug 11th, 2014

People in the south mistake efficiency for rudeness. Not all doctors have the time or personality to sit there and make small talk with you. Dr. Waller immediately addressed my problems and has taken excellent care of my chronic pain issues for years. No one on her staff has ever been discourteous to me. In fact, they are very good. If you want to be charmed, find another doctor. If you want to be helped, go see Dr. Waller.

|  2 1/2 years and just as rude as ever!  |  show details
Jul 20th, 2014

I have had chronic pain and lupus, (arthritis), after an accident 6 yrs ago. I had a wonderful, caring, very intelligent neurological pain management dr in Florida. I moved up here nearly three yrs ago and quickly found out that this dr is the only one capable of prescribing my medication. I have never met someone with such a terrible bedside manner! She had not heard of half of the procedures that I brought to the table, she pinched my side and said that my 5'6" 150 lb stature, "could stand to lose some weight". I flew back and forth to my Florida dr until that was not feasible any longer, all the while looking for another dr in this area. If at all possible, I would travel to UVA or Duke to find a dr.

|  BAD  |  show details
by J. on May 13th, 2014

This has to be the worst Doctor. I have a family member who has seen her for a year now, and she is so strung out on pills it is ridiculous. Mrs. Brenda Waller should loose her license!! My family member is on four narcotics from this doctor , with quantities that are outrageous and unheard of. I would suggest no one go to this doctor unless you want to be strung out of pills.

|  Current Patient  |  show details
Sep 10th, 2012

In reading some of the reviews and the langage use.If I was a doctor , not sure if I would like you as a patient. Look let's face it not all doctor's are good, but all patients are not eithier. I currently see Dr. Waller and feels she is easy to communicate with and her staff is very frendly and worked with me in setting my appointments. My life is so busy and can change at anytime. I known that she is a caring person and would recommend her 100% and have. She is GREAT.

|  bad doctor  |  show details
Aug 23rd, 2012

the nurse was very nice when the doctor came in she didnt say much or ask me many questions she had a very bad attitude put me on a medication the i had a bad reaction to i called to tell them they never called me back i could have died and never even a phone call i do not reccomend this doctor to my worst enemy

|  greed  |  show details
Aug 15th, 2012

I was a patient of Brenda Waller, for almost 2 years signed her contract with no hesitation which called for random drug screening test. I was seen for 13 or 14 appointment. At each appointment, I was asked to submit a urine sample, for a drug screening test. I was unable to comply on 2 visits, due to another medical problem. At my last appointment, on July 7th, 2012, I refused to submit to another test, stating that according to the contract, I was only to submit to random testing. Well The a____, hot the fan! And Waller would or couldn't answer the question I asked, only stating, that it's her office her rules! She walked away refusing to treat me! I don't mind submitting to random test, but every time I come to her office IS NOT RANDOM! By definition, random means, haphazard, without plan, without pattern! Just as soon as she established a pattern of testing, SHE VIOLATED HER OWN CONTRACT WITH ME! Making the contract null and void! What were the underlining motivation behind her testing so much! GREED! Waller opened her own lab, in the office and was able to perform her own drug screening, and increasing her gross income by over 100% per patient! That's why I refused the test, and that is why she refused to answer my questions! GREED! When a Doctors motivation changes from wanting to help people who are suffering from chronic, moderate to severe pain, to of greed, she stopped being a Doctor, to a greedy drug dealer! Who is blackmailing her patients by refusing to write the prescription needed! For anyone interested, I recorded the entire last meeting, I attended with Waller! Plus, I am on my 5th day of withdrawal! After notifying Waller of recording our last conversation

|  Gives lots of strong opiates, Great if you want to be a addict  |  show details
Apr 4th, 2012

Without ever fully examining me or taking a single test, Dr. Waller simply asked me what drugs I wanted and what worked for me. After two years, I am a full fledged drug addict who receives large doses of three different class 2 narcotics. None of the conditions for which I was to be treated have been improved or taken care of but she did make me dependent upon her because now I need the drugs to feed my addiction. If you are a drug addict looking for an easy way to obtain narcotics, this is the doctor for you. If you truly want to get help with being healed, find a real doctor and not a drug pusher. I wish I had never met her. My quality of life is awful since now I live from pain pill to pain pill. Not only that but both she and her staff are rude and unprofessional. She knows that she is the only game in town and you had better act like she is God or she won:t see you again

|  God Sent!  |  show details
Jun 22nd, 2011

I met Dr. Waller during a very critical time in my life. I truly believe had it not been for her my life and the life of my family would be extremely more difficult. At that time I was still employed as an engineer but had been struggling with chronic back pain, and after missing several months of work and seeing numerous doctors in Lynchburg and Charlottesville, I was jeopardy of losing my job as well as my sanity because no one could properly diagnose the problem or seemed to care due to the fact that my MRI appeared inconclusive. But then I met Dr. Waller, the first doctor that sympathized with my pain, she took a human approach to medicine which was something I had never experienced. Dr. Waller showed a compassion and competence that the others had been incapable or unwilling to. And after an exhaustive battery of test and tapping every specialist at her disposal, I was diagnosed with degenerative disc disease in not one but five of my lowest vertebrae. Her efforts have not only provided me with the only relief and treatment options available, but she was instrumental in helping me to secure disability status, without which I would not have been able to provide for my family. She is the first doctor I have ever met that was not just concerned about treating patients, but instead improving their quality of life.

|  show details
Feb 5th, 2011

ditto to anynomous' (august 10 2010)comments!

|  Mean and very uncaring......  |  show details
by Anonymous on Aug 16th, 2010

The office staff feel like they are above all. She is very mean, and she swore at me when I was in pain and asked for help. If there was another pain doctor in the area I would drop this bitch in a minute! Thats how bad she is. I DO NOT recommend her AT ALL!

|  show details
by Brenda Stark on Nov 5th, 2009

Dr Waller is awesome...I would recommend Dr Waller to anyone.

|  Dr. Waller is an excellent physician!  |  show details
by Mary Foster on Jul 14th, 2009

she immediately showed promptness in diagnosing me by additional testing that my neurosurgeon didnt think of..she has jumped hurdles to refer me to a spine specialist even when my insurance company denied him due to location..her bedside manner is excellent..she listens & actually cares..these days it is impossible to find a caring doctor..her accuracy in my diagnosis was impeccable..her recommendation of what i should do now was agreeable & i was impressed & relieved after my very first visit..excellent staff as well!