Dr. Brent Benscoter Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Brent Benscoter?

Seasonal Allergies

Seasonal Allergies

Get the facts about seasonal allergies, including the different types, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.

Have you seen Dr. Brent Benscoter?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

March 7th, 2017

Doesn't know how to dx you, so guesses and won't talk about it

I went to Dr. Benscoter because I have been experiencing dizziness, lightheadedness, and vertigo which has been constant for nearly a year. My first appointment was mostly unremarkable. Although I definitely didn't get much of a warm fuzzy vibe from him, I don't usually judge a doctor by that, because I really don't care how nice they are. I only care about how good they are. So, I proceeded with making another appointment, and Dr. Benscoter ended up being a terrible disappointment. The second appointment I had was for balance testing. I received a letter from Dr. Benscoter communicating those results. That testing revealed no abnormalities. That's great. But here's where it gets dodgy. In the letter, Dr. Benscoter said I "may" have some sort of migraine disorder and prescribed an anti-depressant. I have a HORRIBLE time taking any medications, and I don't have any other symptoms of this particular disorder. So I needed some answers before I can just take a pill. Since his letter ended with "don't hesitate to call with any questions," I called. And guess what? I can't talk to Dr. Benscoter and get answers to my questions without scheduling an appointment. How nice. So what if I need to discuss this potential dx? Another option for meds? Degree of certainty I even have this disorder and tx outside of medication? Nope. No discussions without shelling out MORE cash (after I have already paid for the balance testing out of pocket). I guess if his fancy equipment can't dx you, he just sends you a letter with his best guess and throws some pills at you. I get that doctors need to make money, and I don't even mind that. But come on. Don't send a letter to a patient and say she "may" have this dx, and then refuse to talk about it without extorting more money out of her, and then prescribe a medication that has serious side effects without taking care to monitor that patient. Talk about irresponsible (and arguably a standard of care issue). Finally, he also prescribed some magnesium oxide (400mg), along with the other med. I figured I can't go wrong with a supplement, so I started taking it. Fast forward to four days later, and I'm a mess. I'm sweaty and nauseous and hyper anxious. I now know that's likely a result of too much magnesium, and I'm closely monitoring myself for the next 24 hours to make sure my symptoms don't spiral out of control, while the magnesium works its way out of my system. Perhaps Dr. Benscoter should take a bit more care in handling his patients, in the future.

June 12th, 2016

A+ - would recommend

Dr. Benscoter at Midwest Ear Institute is one of the best, most professional doctors I have met. I have a lot of health problems and have been to a lot of doctors. I have chronic ear. Dr. Benscoter has helped me immensely. He always keeps me in the loop as to what to expect and my surgery has had a great outcome. I can hear better. He is professional and answers all of my questions and even takes my calls after-hours. I will continue to see Dr. Benscoter and would tell my friends to see him also.

May 24th, 2016

Ear canal reconstruction

Very nice and funny guy! Ive been going to him for a year now and still on going. He's very good at what he does and makes it a fun and painless journey. His secretary is very nice as well, just overall great environment. I would highly recommend him!

May 18th, 2016

Dr. Benscoter appears to be a very competent and kind physician and one whom I would choose and trust for care of my ears whether visits or surgery.

May 18th, 2016

Dr. Benscoter at Midwest Ear Institute exceeded my expectations. I've had a pain in my left ear for months and finally found my way to Midwest Ear Institute. Dr. Benscoter was able to identify the cause and put together a solution right away. Not only that, he took time to explain the next steps and make sure I understood & was comfortable with the procedure. He is exceptional. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a bright, compassionate doctor.

December 12th, 2015

Dr. Benscoter at Midwest Ear Institute is one of the best, most professional doctors I've met. I've had chronic ear problems and after seeing a few doctors with multiple diagnoses he was able to pinpoint the problems and helped me immensely. He was very informative about the surgical procedure before and after. After healing my pain issues were cleared up and and hearing improved significantly. Dr. Benscoter continues to demonstrate concern and has been easily accessible when needed. I'll continue to see him and highly recommend him to friends and family.

October 20th, 2015

Dr. Benscoter spent extra time explaining everything to me, and called me himself in follow-up when I called with questions.

February 24th, 2017