Dr. Brent Limbaugh MD Patient Reviews

• Hematology and Oncology Augusta, GA

August 19th, 2014
I have been under Dr. Limbaugh's care now for 4 years. He has been my mothers Dr as well as my husbands. He was called in to see my husband with a very complex situation. Dr Limbaugh is one of the most knowledgable physicians I have ever met. He has always been so honest with the best bed side manners anyone could ever ask for. I highly recommend Dr Limbaugh for your oncologist.

October 30th, 2013
Dr. Limbaugh is a good doctor. He smiles all the time and speaks to you with respect. However; I never felt like he actually cared. I felt rushed, my concerns and questions were usually trivialized, and he always gave me the impression he didn't actually look at my file to know what was going on. Case in point- He scheduled me for a procedure that did not go very well, and special accommodations needed to be made (I ended up immune to the sedative due to many years of exposure from a previous condition, and needed something stronger). Eight months later I needed the same procedure and he ordered to have it done with the same sedative I was immune to. When I spoke up and mentioned that maybe we should consider changing it to prevent the same thing from happening he argued with me, acted like he had no idea what I was talking about, and said I'd be fine- all without even looking at my file to see what I was talking about. This was just one example of many I could provide during my treatment that just made me feel like he cared more about having another cure statistic to add to his belt than ME. His staff is amazing though. Had it not been for those nurses and office staff I would have quickly sought out another oncologist. The nurses did everything they could to help me cope with my side effects, called me back quickly when I needed them, and made the chemotherapy process as pleasant as possible. Cancer is a scary thing, and you'd like your doctor to at least pretend he cares enough to at the very least read your file while he's in the room with you. The soft voice and fake smile just wasn't enough for me. All that being said. If your bottom line is a cure then this is the doctor for you. He will do everything he can to make sure you have every chance to survive your ordeal.

August 13th, 2013
Patient
I have been seeing him over a year now. He is a very, very sweet doctor. It is hard these days to find a doctor, that cares about you AND your feelings. If he knows something, he knows it, and if he doesn't know, he's going to tell you he doesn't know. He's not just going to "diagnos" you with something and you go on your way like a lot of doctors do these days! It's nice to see a doctor smile all the time, like him. LOVE LOVE LOVE this doctor!!!

May 30th, 2013
Ex patient
At the time Dr. Brent was not experienced for my case so I had to find someone more experienced so I hope that he knows what he is doing now.

October 12th, 2012
Dr Limbaugh is a great doctor. He is very attentive and has a great bedside maner.