Dr. Brent Mcanulty MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 3rd, 2015
The kind of doctor you hope you get every time
My father was recently admitted to the E.R. with a severe bacterial infection from a post-op back surgery, and Dr. McAnulty was the first doctor he saw in the E.R. When my sister and I arrived to the ER, my usually active 76-year-old dad looked almost unrecognizable: he was weak, having tremors, and had some mental deficits that had us completely terrified. Dr. McAnulty was reassuring, calm and answered all of our frantic questions with ease. A few hours later, my dad was transferred to the ICU, so McAnulty was no longer his doctor. Despite that, he came up to the ICU twice to check on my father and spent over 30 minutes each time talking with my mother and me. We were having some bad experiences with a surgeon and getting conflicting information from the multiple doctors that were on my dad's case. Again, he reassured us and gave us insight that helped us feel confident in the medical decisions we were making for my dad - all while maintaining the highest level of professionalism. The fact that Dr. McAnulty would take the time to visit with the family of a man who was no longer his patient was so impressive to us. If only every doctor could have his compassion - the healthcare industry would be a better place!

January 29th, 2013
A very compassionate doctor
I must say that I was surprised at how long dr. Macnulty was willing to spend with us. I took my 93 year old mother to the hospital because she had become confused. Two other doctors had done some simple tests and turned us away. They both told me that she was just getting old. One told me we should get her affairs in order. I suppose reasonable advice at her age. But we took her to the hospital where dr. Macnulty worked because she had completely stopped eating. He took her case far more seriously and did not simply write her off due to her age. He found an unusual infection in her lungs that needed a special antibiotic. After a few days, she was back to her old self, good as new! I have never before met a doctor that would spend so much time to figure out and treat a problem! It was almost like my mother was his only patient he had to see! I would recommend him to anyone!

May 11th, 2011
Very caring and smart doctor
I just wanted to say that I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Mcanulty. I didn't have to wait long, and I felt that he really listened to what I had to say. I had been passing out and had seen several doctors with no answers. Dr. Mcanulty figured it out in one visit. I had a rare heart block that needed a pacemaker. He got that set up and done the same week and the passing out stopped completely. It really made a difference in my life! I would recommend him to anyone.