Plastic Surgeon, Surgeon

Va Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System
11301 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90073
310-478-3711
Locations and availability (4)

Some ratings provided by CitySearch.
 |  Review for Doctor Moellenken  |  show details
Apr 8th, 2014

Undergoing surgery is never a pleasant experience. Yet because of an excellent physician, going through my last procedure was truly extraordinary. I am thankful that I chose to select Dr Brent Moellenken as my doctor. This medical professional combines thorough expertise with hands-on caring and a talent for putting a patient at ease even in trying times! Of course, a patient’s experience with an individual physician is frequently only as good as the office team that supports the doctor. I want to say kudos to the entire staff! In particular Penny, Crystal, Mary, David, and Sharon ensured that from intake to discharge, I felt taken care of. The aftercare at Serenity is truly amazing! I did a lot of research to select just the right doctor to do surgery on my face. When I first met with this professional, he proved that he had a very keen eye for looking at my face in its entirety rather than focusing only on the problem areas. He sat quietly observing me with a calm demeanor. He listened intently when I described my situation and clearly picked up on the tiniest details. He went on to provide me with excellent feedback. This doctor is very personable and easily able to connect with me on a down-to-earth level. In fact, this doctor even gave me his personal email to contact him if I had any additional questions or concerns. How often does a doctor care enough to give you his personal email these days? He also made himself available through the entire process. It was my stated goal to restore my natural appearance. I did not want to look fake or plastic. Once the bandages came off, I was amazed and impressed with the results. In particular, I like Dr. Moellenken’s decidedly conservative approach. The results of the procedure look great! My face looks like a refreshed version of my self. All the incisions were very meticulous placed and hidden. I also had a concern – from past experiences – that I would get sick and be nauseated from the general anesthesia. I am very sensitive to the medicines used. Yet again, there was good news: I suffered no nausea at all. Finally, I enjoyed great follow-up and aftercare from this doctor.

|  Manhattan Surgeon  |  show details
Aug 21st, 2013

I am a well-known, accomplished 45 year old male surgeon from New York City who sought out Dr. Brent Moelleken and traveled to L.A. for surgical treatment. Dr. Brent did a phenomenal job with my surgery. He is certainly the SURGEON’S SURGEON!! All the long, hard hours of work and lack of sleep took a toll on my facial appearance. My body was in good shape as I exercised often however my face didn’t seem to match my physique. I had developed excessive laxity in my facial skin that led to a very tired and often angry or sad appearance. My eye-lids were hanging over my eye lashes and my cheeks were drooping which led to a hollowness under my eyes and deep nasolabial folds. I had also developed jowls, a turkey neck and my nose seemed to become bulbous as I grew older. I was looking for a refreshed, rejuvenated and more gentle appearance that was also natural looking and not pulled. I performed extensive research into which procedures would benefit me the most and also researched many surgeons in New York, Los Angeles as well as other areas of the country (reading about the surgeons but also questioning colleagues). I chose Dr. Brent Moelleken for my plastic surgery for many reasons. While he was an extremely well accomplished surgeon with outstanding credentials and many publications, he was truly an artist and an innovator. His patients’ results were very natural in appearance and he seemed to individualize each patient’s surgery according to their goals and expectations taking into consideration their current appearance. He was a surgeon who paid attention to extreme detail. I met with Dr. Brent and he recommended a treatment plan that included a cheek lift, full face lift, blepharoplasty, nose tip surgery, small chin implant and lateral brow lift. He was very kind, compassionate and understanding with regard to my concerns and very conservative in his approach. I underwent the above procedures during a single operation 3 months ago. My results are fantastic!! The swelling is completely gone. I look entirely refreshed and probably 10 years younger. Coworkers and friends have told me how good I look and asked me if I lost weight or have been exercising. They have no idea I underwent surgery. My cheeks no longer droop; you can see my blue eyes; my nose looks prettier and I have a chiseled jaw and chin. The incisions are well hidden and not noticeable at all. It is even hard for me to find the incisions. It goes without saying that I am incredibly pleased with my surgery and with the care and attention that Dr. Brent as well as his entire staff gave me before, during and after the surgery. Dr. Brent is the BEST!!

by roxyl1818921554 at Citysearch on May 30th, 2013 on citysearch.com

\\rIf you are looking for a professional and reliable doctor, Dr. Brent Moelleken is your best choice! I know a lot of women who have gotten breast augmentations and about 85 of them say that they have had complications. I took a long time to do my research and went to many different consultations but when I saw Dr. Moelleken, I knew he would be my plastic surgeon. The whole team at the Beverly Hills center is amazing! I became quite anxious because it was going to be my first surgery but they were very patient and answered all of my questions. Dr. Moelleken is not only double-board certified but he is also professional, patient, conservative, and highly experienced! He has gotten his training from very prestigious schools and has innovated various procedures! I would highly recommend him for any type of surgery one is looking for! They will take care of you and your needs. He was very patient with me with my pre-operative and post-operative questions and I had A LOT of questions. His whole team is not only highly experienced and professional, but they truly care about you and your well-being. Trust me, go see him, and when you do, it will be the BEST decision you make! - Patricia T

by hs1385593699 at Citysearch on May 9th, 2013 on citysearch.com

I first had cosmetic facial surgery with Dr. Moelleken around seven years ago, and he did a fantastic job, so when I wanted some additional work done recently I naturally called on him again. He really is an outstanding surgeon, very precise and subtle and a gentle soul, so no big ego to deal with. I highly recommend.

by julieg806323228 at Citysearch on Nov 3rd, 2012 on citysearch.com

Dr. Moelleken is an incredible doctor. I had a tummy tuck with him and comlex hernia repair. I don`t need to worry about those 4 hernia`s coming back - he repaired me with skill that has me feeling and looking great. Thank you Doctor!

|  STOP LOOKING. GO SEE HIM. I first  |  show details
        by BryonC621 at Citysearch on Jun 4th, 2012 on citysearch.com

STOP LOOKING. GO SEE HIM. I first consulted with Dr. Moelleken in early 2011. I have an autoimmune disorder that results in subcutaneous granulomas. They`re benign but distressing. At the time, I had multiple granulomas under the skin on my forehead and cheek. Dr. Moelleken recommended surgery to remove them.Naturally I was apprehensive, because I knew the surgery would leave visible scars. Like a lot of people, I`m particular about my skin, especially the skin on my face. Also, I work in the entertainment industry, where your appearance is scrutinized. So I was nervous about the outcome. Dr. Moelleken was very reassuring and I proceeded with the surgery. I`m very happy that I did. The granulomas removed were quite deep, and it was a huge relief to have them out. Better still, the scars were faint enough that, at a distance of about five feet, most people say \"\"What scars\"\" In other words, the surgery turned out great. I could not be happier. Dr. Moelleken`s brilliant surgical talent is matched only by his wonderful bedside manner. He`s attentive, patient, respectful, informative, and confidence inspiring. I`ve been to several \"\"celebrity\"\" plastic surgeons in Beverly Hills for various procedures, and none of them came close to Dr. Moelleken in talent, expertise, or kindness.Because of my autoimmune disorder, I`ve seen at least 30 doctors in the past 7 years, from internists to endocrinologists to infectious disease specialists. Hands down, Dr. Moelleken is the best doctor I`ve seen in any field, period.P.S. His staff is extremely friendly and helpful.

|  STOP LOOKING. GO SEE HIM. I first  |  show details
        by BryonC621 at Citysearch on Jun 4th, 2012 on citysearch.com

STOP LOOKING. GO SEE HIM. I first consulted with Dr. Moelleken in early 2011. I have an autoimmune disorder that results in subcutaneous granulomas. They're benign but distressing. At the time, I had multiple granulomas under the skin on my forehead and cheek. Dr. Moelleken recommended surgery to remove them. Naturally I was apprehensive, because I knew the surgery would leave visible scars. Like a lot of people, I'm particular about my skin, especially the skin on my face. Also, I work in the entertainment industry, where your appearance is scrutinized. So I was nervous about the outcome. Dr. Moelleken was very reassuring and I proceeded with the surgery. I'm very happy that I did. The granulomas removed were quite deep, and it was a huge relief to have them out. Better still, the scars were faint enough that, at a distance of about five feet, most people say "What scars?" In other words, the surgery turned out great. I could not be happier. Dr. Moelleken's brilliant surgical talent is matched only by his wonderful bedside manner. He's attentive, patient, respectful, informative, and confidence inspiring. I've been to several "celebrity" plastic surgeons in Beverly Hills for various procedures, and none of them came close to Dr. Moelleken in talent, expertise, or kindness. Because of my autoimmune disorder, I've seen at least 30 doctors in the past 7 years, from internists to endocrinologists to infectious disease specialists. Hands down, Dr. Moelleken is the best doctor I've seen in any field, period. P.S. His staff is extremely friendly and helpful.

|  Beverly Hills Finest Surgeon!  |  show details
        by JenMEgan at Citysearch on Feb 10th, 2012 on citysearch.com

If you want a referral to a Dr. who can do it all plastics AND non-elective procedures like hernia, extosis reduction, INTERNAL nasal reconstruction- meaning you won`t come out looking like Ashley Simpson after her \"deviated septum\" surgeryI. Dr. Brent Moelleken who works with Nurse Roni at their Beverly Hills practice was so incredible honorable and soothing that I was already sold by the time I saw his incredible before and afters. He never watched the clock or tried to talk me into an extra nip or tuck I was in for super sexy forehead bonespur. He even bothered to take into account what my personal and professional situation was before making a recommendation. If and when I have to go back I will not hesitate to use Dr. M and have attached his info so you can look into him.

|  Beverly Hills Finest Surgeon!  |  show details
        by JenMEgan at Citysearch on Feb 10th, 2012 on citysearch.com

If you want a referral to a Dr. who can do it all plastics AND non-elective procedures like hernia, extosis reduction, INTERNAL nasal reconstruction- meaning you won`t come out looking like Ashley Simpson after her \"\"deviated septum\"\" surgeryI. Dr. Brent Moelleken who works with Nurse Roni at their Beverly Hills practice was so incredible honorable and soothing that I was already sold by the time I saw his incredible before and afters. He never watched the clock or tried to talk me into an extra nip or tuck I was in for super sexy forehead bonespur. He even bothered to take into account what my personal and professional situation was before making a recommendation. If and when I have to go back I will not hesitate to use Dr. M and have attached his info so you can look into him.

|  The BEST!  |  show details
        by Skyler0611 at Citysearch on Oct 17th, 2011 on citysearch.com

My experience with Dr. Moelleken and his staff was the absolute best possible. Dr. Dr. Brent Moelleken was very interested in his patient as were his staff. Making you comfortable and secure in the knowledge of his skills, which are the best. No problems. No looking `done` just better. Thank you ...SG

|  I`m thrilled!  |  show details
        by Jordyn8659 at Citysearch on Oct 1st, 2011 on citysearch.com

Dr. Moelleken and all his staff were so sweet and accommodating when it came to all my needs. Dr.. Moelleken was quick to return phone calls if there were any concerns or questions. After having three children I had so much extra skin, I decided to have a full abdominoplasty and breast lift with removal of breast implants. I could not be more thrilled with the results! I have such high regard and trust in Dr. Moelleken and all his staff that I would send anyone to him with complete confidence...JQ

|  Very honest and upfront  |  show details
        by Reece2176 at Citysearch on Sep 15th, 2011 on citysearch.com

The Dr. and his staff were great! I can`t say enough about them. The Dr. is very honest and upfront on what to expect. I am very happy with the results, I am a new man. I used to lower my neck and see fat rolls coming out of each side of my neck and bottom chin. One week later I did it and the neck didn`t even bulge out slightly. Additionally removed abnormal bulges that occurred due to facial trauma and are now gone. The grade would be A...RC

|  I couldn`t be happier  |  show details
        by Jaidyn03093 at Citysearch on Aug 8th, 2011 on citysearch.com

Dr. Moelleken and his staff were wonderful from start to finish. I am 51 years old. I had a face lift, my upper lids done, livefill, chin implant and a necklace. Prior to surgery I was very self conscious about my jowls and neck. Dr. Moelleken did an incredible job! I look about 10 years younger and about 20 pounds thinner. It has been three months since my surgery and I couldn`t be happier. I highly recommend Dr. Moelleken, it has been worth it...JM

by 57sparks at Citysearch on Nov 27th, 2010 on citysearch.com

I haven`t felt so taken since a short change artist got me when I was 19 working at Conroy`s. I went for some kind of tummy tuck - he suggested a mini complex abdominoplasty. 7000 plus anasthesiologist and surgery center which he owns. Didn`t charge me a consultation fee which should have been my first clue. After 3 weeks it was painfully obvious I had stretched out back to where I was before. Granted I had 3 transplants but he is supposedly the trained professional who should have known this wouldn`t work. He did admit \"\"the results are disappointing\"\" but did he offer even a partial refund or to try and fix Hell no. After 3 months when talking to him he said he gave me a discount because he \"\"liked me.\"\" Gross.I beg you if you are going to him for facework look closely at the before and after pictures. Haven`t these women lost their personality Do they look pleased And note how all the `afters` have make-up on. They all look waxy and gray.He will charm you but don`t fall for it. This guy is a media whore - kept me waiting 45 minutes while he was with a reality tv show being interviewed. I finally left knowing he would never come in because I would have shown the crew the disastrous results. The only way you can tell before and after pics apart is by the spanx in 2nd picture. My guess is with his wife not working he will take anyone`s money and promise it all.

by 57sparks at Citysearch on Nov 27th, 2010 on citysearch.com

I haven`t felt so taken since a short change artist got me when I was 19 working at Conroy`s. I went for some kind of tummy tuck - he suggested a mini complex abdominoplasty. 7000 plus anasthesiologist and surgery center which he owns. Didn`t charge me a consultation fee which should have been my first clue. After 3 weeks it was painfully obvious I had stretched out back to where I was before. Granted I had 3 transplants but he is supposedly the trained professional who should have known this wouldn`t work. He did admit \"the results are disappointing\" but did he offer even a partial refund or to try and fix Hell no. After 3 months when talking to him he said he gave me a discount because he \"liked me.\" Gross.I beg you if you are going to him for facework look closely at the before and after pictures. Haven`t these women lost their personality Do they look pleased And note how all the `afters` have make-up on. They all look waxy and gray.He will charm you but don`t fall for it. This guy is a media whore - kept me waiting 45 minutes while he was with a reality tv show being interviewed. I finally left knowing he would never come in because I would have shown the crew the disastrous results. The only way you can tell before and after pics apart is by the spanx in 2nd picture. My guess is with his wife not working he will take anyone`s money and promise it all.

by 57sparks at Citysearch on Nov 23rd, 2010 on citysearch.com

I haven`t felt so ripped off since a short change artist got me when I was 19 working at Conroy`s! He gave me a mini complex tummy tuck which is what he said I needed. 7000 plus anasthesiologist and surgery center which he owns. Within 3 weeks I had stretched out to where I was before. Granted I had 3 transplants in the past but he`s the trained professional and should have known it wouldn`t work. He did admit \"the results are disappointing\" but did he offer a partial refund or to try to fix it Hell no. Is that any way to run a business And to make matters worse, after it was painfully obvious the procedure didn`t work, he kept me waiting for 45 minutes while he filmed a reality TV show. I walked on the media whore. I`m sure he didn`t want the crew to film his disastrous work. OK, it gets worse. He told me he gave me a discount 7000 a discount!! because he \"liked me.\" Gross. Before you get any face work from him please look closely at the before and after pics. Haven`t these women lost their personality Do they look pleased Is their skin waxy and gray Note make-up in all after pics, while none in before pics. All the education in the world does not make a good doc. Yes, I will take him to arbitration and yes I will win - nobody can tell the before and after pictures apart!

|  Master of precision!  |  show details
        by mebeomi at Citysearch on Oct 29th, 2008 on citysearch.com

I found myself in the best of care when it came time to remove a very prominent lesion on my ear. Dr. Moelleken went above and beyond to be sure that my scar was disguised in the best way possible. Nearly two months later, my scar is undetectable. If this is the kind of close attention and care he gives to an ear, I know I`m in great hands!

by mebeomi on Oct 29th, 2008 on citysearch.com

by slondon on Sep 16th, 2008 on citysearch.com

|  Simply the BEST plastic surgeon  |  show details
        by slondon at Citysearch on Sep 16th, 2008 on citysearch.com

Dr Moelleken is absolutely wonderful. I would highly recommend him. I did a lot of research when looking for a surgeon or dermatologist to remove some really unsightly moles on my face and neck. They were big moles and the possibility of scarring had always put me off getting them removed. I`d had a few consultations, but as soon as I met with Dr Moelleken I knew I would go with him. He`s the nicest doctor I have ever met - seriously. He took his time to explain the procedure - and it wasn`t as if this was a big procedure for him, but he still took a lot of time and care, no rushing at all. He instills you with such confidence - and he does have a great bedside manner. The day of the surgery went really well, the aftercare is amazing all included, he likes to have several follow ups after the stitches come out to see how you`re doing. A week after the stitches were removed I couldn`t believe the result - just tiny fine lines where the moles had been easily covered by concealer which have continued to fade. It`s now been 3 months and I have no scarring at all, I cannot believe it! Not only is Dr Moelleken amazing, but his staff is great too. From the second you step into the offices and on the phone everyone treats you so wonderfully. There`s also absolutely no pressure after you have the consultation and you`re given the cost of the procedure. I wouldn`t go to anyone else now. When I need some `work` I`ll definitely go back to him! He`s simply the best.

|  Amazing Dr. with the ""best bedside manner""  |  show details
        by mamasdrama at Citysearch on Jul 21st, 2008 on citysearch.com

My reason for searching out Dr. Moelleken was that I wanted to get botox by a prefessional, not just a day spa or salon, if you will. I had heard he actually did the injections himself, rather than have a ""team of nurses"" doing it for him. For such a prestigious surgeon, I thought that was considerate in itself.

by mamasdrama on Jul 21st, 2008 on citysearch.com

My reason for searching out Dr. Moelleken was that I wanted to get botox by a prefessional, not just a day spa or salon, if you will. I had heard he actually did the injections himself, rather than have a "team of nurses" doing it for him. For such a pres

|  The Best Plastic Surgeon!  |  show details
        by 4389 at Citysearch on Jun 18th, 2008 on citysearch.com

Dr. Moelleken is amazing! Do your research,I had a facelift and I still look like myself just better not some pulled freak, tummy is next. Thank you so much!!!!!

by 4389 on Jun 18th, 2008 on citysearch.com