Dr. Brent Norman MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Newport Beach, CA

February 9th, 2015
Great doctor
Dr. Norman is an amazIng ophthalmologist. I had an eye problem over the weekend. I contacted his office. He called me back and took the time to explain to me what could have caused it. I am very thankful. At each appointment he takes his time to do a complete exam and explains the results to me. I give him the highest recommendation. No matter how long the wait is , he is the best in his field.

January 3rd, 2014
Though a crowded waiting room greets you even at 8am in the morning (and I am not a "waiter " and hate to sit in line for anything) I experienced the most detailed and thorough examination and tests I have ever had. I understand the reason for the crowded waiting room;this doctor spends as much time with me as I needed and I at no time felt rushed or a just a number. He obviously is one of the premier specialists in his field - an exceptional professional with a totally caring approach.

May 20th, 2013
Dr Norman is the best in his field. Although I gave him 3 stars for promptness, it is not because he overbooks. Dr Normans will spend what ever time needed to explain any concerns you have. He is not a in and get out type of doctor. I drive from Arizona for follow up check-ups.

May 2nd, 2013
Two laser retina surgeries with Dr. Norman
Dr. Norman receives my highest recommendation. He did an exceptional job on my laser surgeries. He is very caring, polite, professional, will listen and take the time required to reassure and explain. He does not rush his patients. He is refreshing. The reviewers that complain about the wait do not understand the nature of the practice. Retina emergencies must be treated IMMEDIATELY. The times I went in my general doctor got me an app't within 1 hour and Dr. Norman did the laser surgery within minutes of my arriving. Second time also did the laser surgery unexpectedly, right away. I cannot recommend him highly enough. There is one receptionist that has no people or communication skills but all the others and the nurses are terrific.

September 22nd, 2011
Worth The Wait!
Dr. Norman is an amazing surgeon and the only reason I can see today. There can be long wait time in the office, however you understand why the wait is so long when he is with you. He takes his time with each and every patient. Answers every possible question and doesn't rush. In a time of 5 minute dr visits, his approach is refreshing. Be patient, he's worth the wait.

June 27th, 2011
Painful experience!
83 year old Patient with dementia had to wait 3 hours to be seen. The waiting room was packed. I overheard another patient's caregiver tell her that she was going to have to wait 2 more hours to see the doctor - obviously overbooking patients. Most patients were elderly, yet there is no bathroom with wheelchair access or handicap rails. No validation for parking. Patients have to pay for parking!Doctor was rude, condescending, confrontational and genuinely unapologetic about patient wait. Care: unimpressive and not worth the hassle.

October 20th, 2010
Dr Norman is a very good doctor. He is extremely knowledgeable in his special field. His bed side manner is calm and caring. He takes time to explain everything and answer every question.