Obstetricians & Gynecologists

6011 E Woodmen Rd
Ste 320
Colorado Springs, CO 80923
719-591-6666
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

|  show details
Mar 30th, 2014

Dr. Shelton was the OB on call in the hospital when push came to shove during my labor in the hospital. I was attempting a VBAC. He was extremely un-supportive and downright rude to my husband, my doula and me. I felt disrespected and was treated like I was stupid an uneducated about my "situation". After about 10 hours under his care, my baby's heart rate started to drop significantly and we ultimately decided to have a c-section at that time. When it came time to trust what he had to say, it was hard to do so because he had been so disrespectful all night long. A word of advice: before you choose an OB for their particular care practices, interview their colleagues, because they may have totally different views about things.

|  Would NOT Recommend this Dr.  |  show details
by Kristen Flores on Sep 10th, 2012

Dr. Shelton delivered my baby 2 years ago. I tore, and he stitched me up so poorly and tight that I had to have another surgery 6 months later to correct it. When he was done, he actually said out loud, "That's fine I guess." It was a horrible, painful experience and I wouldn't recommend him to anyone.

|  Can't speak highly enough  |  show details
May 17th, 2012

I've been seeing Dr. Shelton throughout this pregnancy - my first - and can't say enough good things about him and the rest of the staff. Wait time is always minimal, appointments are always available, the atmosphere is wonderful, and the office is always immaculate. Dr. Shelton is a soothing presence and always spends as much time as I need answering questions or just shooting the breeze. I've never once felt rushed by either him or his assistant, Lindsey (who is amazing, too!). He is extraordinarily open to the personal medical philosophies and preferences of his patients and he has never tried to force any treatment, medication, or procedure, especially when deemed unnecessary or superfluous. In short, he is everything I look for in a doctor!