Dr. Brent Wiersema DO Patient Reviews

• Trauma Surgery Traverse City, MI

February 27th, 2017
Broken Ankle
Worked on me in ER. Then follow up in the office.

April 20th, 2016
Excellent care in all areas. Northern MI is fortunate to have Dr. Wiersema. If ever needed, I certainly would go to Dr. Wiersema again.

February 24th, 2015
Excellent Doctor, Great Bedside manner. Good sense of humor .

March 28th, 2013
Dr. Wiersema and Melisa are wonderful. They are both very caring and have great bedside manner. He is very professional and my wife and I think are grateful to both of them for their excellence.

February 24th, 2011
Some people
The doctor himself seems good at he does but his bedside manners, understanding, and compassion are all lacking. His nurses namely Melissa are rude she actually started arguing with me when i asked to get my prescription for pain moved one day earlier permanetly (not just for that one week). She accused me of being an addict because of some of my problems when i was younger, which to me having a broken hip and all shouldn't matter because i was in extreme pain that i didn't choose to be in. Anyways back to the argument they wouldn't move my date no matter what and i tried to explain to her that i need the presciptions on fridays from now on instead of Saturday because everybody i depended on was busy Saturdays and it was a big inconvience. Point being Friday was more practical for me, i didn't have to worry about finding someone to pick them up for me. This nurse was condesending and rude almost like she was better than me and i was wasting her and the doctors time. They were also rude when i called and told them that the pain medication they had given me wasn't working i was still in alot of pain that wasn't tolerable. They basically said to bad for you, youre going to have to just deal with it. Well it was hard to just deal with because your hip is connected to everything and gets jolted everytime you move your torso, cough, move your leg, bend, it even hurts when you lay flat doing nothing. Point being don't expect compassion or understanding for being in pain from this Doctor or his staff. All in all my advice: find a doctor who cares and isn't just there to get paid. Doctors seem to forget without us paying them they wouldn't have everything and might actually come down off their highhorse. Sorry but i wouldn't choose this Doctor again he should look into hiring a more professional nursing team members and have some understanding and not hold a patients past against them....just sayin.