A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Bret Hughes is Excellent. Dr. Hughes has been reviewed by 3 patients who have provided 0 comments. The rating is 4 out of 4 stars.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Bret Hughes, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
He has special expertise in 5 Areas, including Cataract, Glaucoma, and Glaucoma Surgery Trabeculectomy.2 more special expertise areas
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Hughes graduated from Tulane University, New Orleans. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Hughes has 19 hospital affiliations:
- DMC - Sinai-Grace Hospital
- Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Hughes accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 2 plans
- Meridian Health Plan of MI, Inc. (Formerly Health Plan of MI) - 1 plan
- HealthPlus of Michigan - 17 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- McLaren Health Plan - 2 plans
- Priority Health - 6 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. Bret Hughes:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile