A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Bret Petersen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Bret Petersen, Gastroenterology is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Bret Petersen, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 15 areas:
- Bile Duct Cancer
- Bile Duct inflammation (Sclerosing Cholangitis)
- Biliary Tract Cancer
- Biliary Tract Diseases
- Digestive System Cancer
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Endoscopic Sphincterotomy
- Esophageal and Gastric Varices
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Pancreatic Pseudocyst
Education & Awards
Dr. Petersen graduated from Mayo Medical School, Rochester. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Petersen has 3 hospital affiliations:
- St Marys Hospital - Rochester
- Rochester Methodist Hospital
- Mayo Clinic
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Bret T. Petersen practice?
Dr. Bret Petersen practices Internal Medicine near Owatonna, MN.
Additional practice locations include: Rochester, MN.
See Owatonna Internists.