Bretley T Sitzman MD Patient Reviews

no change

Showing 1 - 1 review

June 4th, 2012
Painful interrogation
I was diagnosed with 3 ruptured discs, arthritis, and degenerative disc disease. I saw Sitzman in order to talk with him about a pain treatment plan since he was ordered to give me injections. My appt. wait was over a month. I arrived and I answered the normal questions for a nurse. When I saw him, he interrogated me for over an hour asking me for dates of a previous surgery and doctors visits from about 5-6 years in the past. Of course I was unable to answer his questions. He then looked my name up in the prescription drug data base and at first, my name didn`t come up. He then made his second reference to drug addicts. He said that if I had gotten prescriptions it was at a place where drug addicts go. Sounds silly right? After about 45 minutes he tried again as I had nearly begged him to and my name came up. It provided him the exact information that I had given. He continued asking questions that had nothing to do with my current issue. By this time and actually before hand, I had decided to escape this guy and call my lawyer to see if I could use the doctor I had been using. He then started asking me about my current situation,..FINALLY,...I began suggesting to see my old doctor. He then said he was going to reschedule my injections for 2 weeks later and he wanted to give me a drug test. Drug test??? For what?? After waiting for over 5 weeks for the injections he was going to put them off. I was there for injections and a consult or inquiry on what it would take and would I need to change doctors. He started out the door, and I followed and I told him I would call my lawyer which was to get him the dates he needed. He said no and that I could never come to his office again because I told him I wanted to call my lawyer after he had told me about a drug test. That`s what he said. So now he makes it out like it was that simple....I refused a drug test. Now I sit here with awful pain in my back and legs and again waiting to see my back doctor. I later found out why they give the drug tests but I had nor have nothing to hide from anyone concerning drugs. I had taken a drug test when I was injured at work. I had taken a drug test before seeing my original pain doctor. I have taken over 50 drug tests in my life and never failed a single one. If he wanted all of that info he could have simply gotten it before my visit. How was I supposed to know dates from 5-6 years in the past that had nothing to do with my current injury?? I waited all that time to try to do the right thing and use only one doctor for meds and injections and he treated me like a junky from the moment I saw him. Though I blame him for his complete disregard of my pain and diagnosis,...I blame the laws that these doctors are so afraid of. If I hadn`t already had 2 MRI`s which showed all of my problems I could understand his approach. But since he had knowledge of my problems I do not.