Gastroenterologist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Vicki on Sep 17th, 2014

I went to see this doctor to discuss having my first ever colonoscopy. He really made me calm about the whole process and the procedure was a breeze . I have ready told a couple of my friends

Mar 29th, 2014

He is one of the best doctors I've ever had :)

by barbara on Dec 5th, 2012

Very sincere and doent push doing tests like a lot of other doctors

Jun 10th, 2011

Very nice bedside manner and listens to what you say

May 3rd, 2011

excellent experience. my first time seeing a specialist

Mar 23rd, 2011

very good natured and competent. everything was explained in clear way. had a procedure which was painless

|  recommend !  |  show details
Jan 14th, 2011

I saw a bunch of specialists who told me I didnt have celiac disease even though my mom and cousin had it. my blood tests never showed it but dr bernstein found it when he took a biopsy of my small intestine. some of the other doctors just said it was in my head]. i cant thank dr bernstein enough and he was really nice.

|  Stephanie  |  show details
Dec 26th, 2010

i never saw a specialist for my problem before. doctor Bernstein explained my problem to me and reviewed bunch of changes I needed to make in my diet. he told me I might need a procedue if I didn't get better but didn't force me to make a decision on the spot. I will be seeing him again in a couple of months.

|  Margaret  |  show details
Nov 13th, 2010

This was my 3rd visit. He always listens to my problems and I never feel rushed. I have recommended him to 2 friends in the last year and like the way he explains everything to me

Nov 5th, 2010

Based on my experience this physician did not accurately diagnose my medical issue, incorrectly underestimated its significance, made condescending remarks and does not follow-up even when called numerous times. In fact even when messages were left for him to return calls due a serious gastro problem he failed to return the calls in a reasonable timeframe.In my opinion, I would not recommend him at all.

by Suzy l on Oct 21st, 2010

Very good bedside manner. Discussed everything with me clearly. My colonoscopy was uneventful. Highly recommend

Aug 24th, 2010

Dr. Bernstein has performed two colonoscopies for me. Both procedures went very smoothly, and by the time I was about to leave the recovery area, Dr. Bernstein would come by to give me the results verbally, along with a written report complete with color photos of his excursion into my intestines. In addition to being a fine GI person, he is a pleasant person with a ready smile.

by b.d. on Jul 30th, 2010

He is knowledgable but down to earth and doesn't make you feel stupid for asking questions like some other docs

|  Gary  |  show details
May 29th, 2010

EXCELLENT DOCTOR. EXPLAINED PROCEDURE AND I FELT NO PAIN

|  donna  |  show details
by donna on Jan 23rd, 2010

One of the most pleasant experiences. He is a knowledgable doctor who puts you at ease

|  very rushed  |  show details
Dec 19th, 2009

never took the time to listen. very rude

|  lu  |  show details
Sep 14th, 2009

Doctor who really cares about his patient. His explonation of coloscopy was clear and he made me a lot less nervous then I was before. The procedure was painless and he called me back right away to give me my resuts

|  marsha  |  show details
May 20th, 2009

My experience with Dr. Bernstein and his office staff was excellent. I needed to have a colonoscopy to followup my Crohn's disease and he was the best.

by jl on Mar 12th, 2009

Excellent. I recommend him highly. Explains things very well. My procedure was painless

Jan 29th, 2009

highly recommended. treats his patients like real human beings and really knows his stuff

Dec 3rd, 2008

Dr. Bernstein is a caring and special physician. He made the process of having what I thought would be a scary experience easy and comfortable. Highly recommended

|  Competency  |  show details
by Luezette Mallory on Aug 27th, 2008

Dr. Berstein is definitely a superb doctor. My opinion began during my first visit. He has a gift of making his patients feel very comfortable. I had a colonoscopy on August 21, 2008. It was my first colonoscopy and I was very nervous. Even though I felt nothing as I was sedated, his bedside manner when he walked into the procedure room was excellent. I definitely recommend Dr. Berstein as I already have.

Nov 13th, 2007

He is patient, kind, knowledgeable and listens. I would not hesitate to see him and I have been using him for years.

Aug 3rd, 2006

terrific technique on colonoscopies!