Dr. Brett Garber DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

June 22nd, 2016
DO
Dr. Garber was totally unprofessional and rude. I am a local physician and took my daughter who went for a consultation regarding a breast reduction. Dr. Garber was recommended by a nurse who had a reduction, and a local surgeon, so I thought we were in good hands. I couldn't have been more wrong. My first clue should have been the erroneous information given to me by Dr. Garber's staff regarding what I need prior to coming in. I was told that my insurance requires 6 months of notes from the GP as well as 6 months of notes from orthopedics or chiropractic before we can be seen. (I called my insurance and found out I needed only Dr. Garber to call for a pre certification.) I made the apt. and we went. After waiting more that 30 mins to see the doctor, things were going well, until Dr. Garber discovered what my insurance carrier was. His whole countenance then changed. He told me that "my insurance was worse than Medicaid, and that he only accepts my insurance for cancer patients, because they are such lousy payers." He also told me that he is "Not sure how we girls made it through the front door." When asked by my 18 year old daughter what size she would be reduced to, he snapped at her and said "it's not up to me, it's up to your insurance company." He further went on to say "the procedure most likely won't be approved." (My daughter is a 36 J). Needless to say, my daughter will NEVER have surgery by Dr. Garber. My daughter left and cried the whole way home. I called his office to let them know what transpired and explained that we would not be coming back. After all of this and despite paying my co-pay at the visit, Dr. Garber's office had the nerve to try to bill me additional money for this HORRIBLE visit. Bottom line, don't waste your time.

April 21st, 2016
I would not recommend Dr.Garber, I asked several medical questions regarding the risk and my concerns of the smart Lipo procedure ,it was apparent he had no interest in my questions.The questions were taken off another plastic surgeons website who has several years experience as a board certified plastic surgeon yet Dr.Garber dismissed them as if there were no such risk. I refuse to pay a rude and obnoxious surgeon thousands of dollars for any kind of patient care.

December 10th, 2015
Dr. Garber is an absolute Doll!!! He really cares about his patients. I have seen him many times on different issues regarding my surgery and he has been wonderful. Never made me feel like I was a pain and the staff is so wonderful and nice.

June 15th, 2015
I am very pleased with the tummy tuck I had from dr. Barber. It's been 8 hrs since and I still love looking at my belly.

February 23rd, 2015
He is an excellent doctor, when I moved to NC my oncologist from Duke hospital took one look at his work and asked me who did it? Since I never saw anyone's reconstruction I didn't have anything to compare mine too, but Dr. Taylor quickly let me know that I had the Rolls Royce.

February 13th, 2015
I'm now almost 4 weeks since breast reduction surgery. I feel great. At my visit before surgery , Stacy and dr garber, answered all my questions. I knew I was in good hands. Thank you again.

February 12th, 2015
I've recently had surgery performed by Dr. Garber. My experience with his office staff was very professional. Dr. Garber made me feel extremely comfortable with my procedure. He has a terrific bed side manner. At my second office visit before my surgery, Dr. Garber and his staff answered all my questions and educated me on exactly what will happen the day of my surgery and the weeks to follow. P.S. My breasts look great!!

February 12th, 2015
I just went on this site after i got my boobs done and read a few posts and i cannot believe what i was reading. I am shocked by what the woman said about Dr. Garber and his staff becasue I have had work done their and staff is amazing and so friendly and helped me all the way thru the process even after i called asking question after question becasue i was nervous and never had surgery before. i honestly cannot believe what is being said and there must be a misunderstanding beacuse i love their staff and i have never expierenced anything like that. Dr. garber is a great surgeon and this is def not a reflexion of him or his work and i was referred by three friends who all had the same expierence as me..

January 30th, 2015
Wonderful Care
I experienced such wonderful care from Dr. Garber and his staff. They made a difficult decision so much easier and I am so pleased with the results. Dr. Garber’s work must make the medical profession proud. My husband and I were absolutely touched by his kindness and professionalism. I’ll recommend him to everyone!

January 27th, 2015
Dr. Garber... Highly Recommended
Wow!!!!! I mean that literally. Being three weeks after my surgery, I'm thankful for Dr. Garber's work. Again, Wow! Dr. Garber and his extraordinary staff were so helpful and kind that it literally brought tears to my eyes. Dr. Garber truly does such wonderful work. He has made a dream of sixteen years come true. I highly recommend Dr. Garber if you are considering any type of cosmetic surgery.

December 28th, 2014
bad implants
Don't go to him for breast implants! I gave him pictures of exactly what I wanted and did not want. I asked to be a full c cup. I ended up a b cup and looking exactly like the picture I gave him that I said was too small. It was a complete waste of money. He offered to redo them for half the original price, but in my opinion why should I have to pay again when he didn't do his job! So disappointed, I would not recommend him to anyone.

September 30th, 2014
I love this place (Dr. Garbet AND Staff)!
Dr. Garber and his staff were such a breath of fresh air compared to other surgeons that I met with. From accommodating my busy schedule, to completely answering all of my questions (and even some that I didn't think of), to a smooth and stress-free surgery day... I really couldn't have asked for more! If you're considering cosmetic surgery, Dr. Garber is someone you absolutely must meet!