Dr. Brett Gemlick MD Patient Reviews

• Sports Medicine Fort Wayne, IN

April 5th, 2016
I've only had one initial visit with Dr. Gemlick and I'm very impressed. Looking forward to having this surgery over with. I'm very confident in what he will do.

April 29th, 2014
An Excellent Physician
Not only is Dr. Gemlick a skilled surgeon, he has an excellent bedside manner. I hope I don't need surgery again, but if I ever do, I wouldn't hesitate a minute to have Dr. Gemlick again. I I highly recommend him!

March 12th, 2014
Liked Dr. Gemlick, But One Horrible Nurse
I was greeted warmly when I went to Surgery one, and was thinking how nice the atmosphere was...that is until I was told to go to Room 2, and met the most rude nurse I have ever encountered. She asked if I had false teeth, and I told her "No." Then she , ever so rudely, said, "Open your mouth!" There was no "please" or any kind of courteous. Then she just yanked my gown up in the back as I was lying on my side, without telling me why. Her name started with a "J", and I will bet anyone who had her will never forget her. Had I known I would encounter such an unprofessional and rude nurse, I would have cancelled my surgery. That alone will keep me from recommending Surgery One, and that's a shame, because Dr. Gemlick is a competent surgeon. Who wants to be treated with such disrespect as what I received from that horrible nurse? I am reluctant to give 2 stars for courteousness of staff, but if I had to give that nurse a review, I wouldn't want to give her one star. I will NEVER forget such a horrible experience.

February 16th, 2013
Best Doctor I have ever had
I went to ONE for shoulder issues and he answered everything so that I could understand everything that was wrong with me. Some doctors feel the need to use their extensive vocabulary to sound smart, but Dr. Gemlick simplified everything. He even took the time to get out a model and pointed to everything that was messed up. The staff was excellent, and there was a short weight. I would highly recommend this man as a surgeon.

November 27th, 2012
He's the best!
Dr. Gemlick has done an extensive shoulder surgery on me and he was wonderful! Very friendly and made me feel completely confident in him and his abilities. He also kept my family aware of what was going on during surgery, which was nice for them! I'd most definitely go back to him!!!

April 23rd, 2012
Great Experience
I couldn't be more pleased with this experience. I was given a lot of information before, during and after my surgery. Recover wasspeedy and after 6 weeks I have no issues at all. Walking is normal and I feel better than I have in many years.

March 31st, 2012
THE BEST
Always answers all of my questions. Very caring and responsive. Did an excellent job on my badly damaged knee. would not trust anyone else.

February 17th, 2012
Awesome surgeon and doctor. He actually fixed my ACL instead of some so called awesome doctor in Indy did.

March 22nd, 2011
Awesome
Awesome doctor!! Has really done a lot for my knees after my surgery. I wouldnt trust any other doctor!

November 19th, 2010
Terribe aftercare
I had a complicated knee surgery prior to Thanksgiving 2009. I was sent home for the holiday with paperwork and instructed to call their nurse's line with any issues. My pain medicine was not working and due to a glitch in their voicemail system could not reach anyone to assist FOR 3 DAYS! The following Monday I did reach a nurse who was less than sympathetic. Terrible aftercare, awake during surgery when I requested to be asleep, malfunction during surgery that I heard...I would not go to this doctor or this practice again based on this experience.