Dr. Brett Gemlo MD Patient Reviews

July 30th, 2015
Dr.Gemlo impressed us with his spirit of confidence , care and warm hearted welcome. We immediately felt a comforting presence and complete peaceful assurance . We knew God led us to him. The surgery was a success and the outcome was a thankful one. We would highly recommend Dr. Brent Gemlo to all we know. We will continue to speak highly of this wonderful Doctor who made us feel like his own family . He had more like a father's healing touch that made our journey fearless. Hope and faith bought us into his good hands and we will be forever thankful for his gift.

February 15th, 2011
Saved my life, what more can I say!

June 23rd, 2010
Underdiagnosed and poor surgeon
I would NEVER recommend Dr. Gemlo to anyone. He underdiagnosed me and my sphincterplasty surgery results were horrible. I had to go to Rochester Mayo so they could redo the surgery but they could only do so much at that point. Dr. Gemlo should have brought in a plastic surgeon to my surgery to rebuild up my vaginal wall but completely "overlooked" that part of the surgery which Mayo told me they weren't sure why he miss this. Then his sphincterplasty surgery made my incontinence 4x as worse as it was before the surgery so I had to go on stool hardeners after the surgery because so much fecal matter was falling out of me. Thanks a lot Dr. Gemlo. I will suffer the rest of my life because of you. Avoid him.

January 6th, 2010
Fabulous doctor, both in skills and bedside manner
I live 80 miles from the cities, but was referred to Dr. Gemlo by my proctologist, as I needed a specialist to treat my problem. My doctor said he was referring me to him because he was not only a good surgeon, but also a nice guy with good bedside manner. Being a 19 year old female with an embarrassing colorectal problem, I greatly appreciated how kind he was to me. I ended up being in the hospital for 8 days after my surgery, and Dr. Gemlo took such good care of me while I was an inpatient. The whole experience greatly inspired me to go into medicine so I could give back and take good care of others. It's now 7 years later and I'm only a few months away from my med school graduation. Throughout my clinical rotations I've worked with many different doctors, and Dr. Gemlo is by far one of the best I've ever seen with bedside manner. I highly recommend.

December 3rd, 2009
I have known him for a long time and he has been nothing the best doctor.

June 22nd, 2009
my surgeon
had cancer surgery in 2006 and still here.

January 12th, 2009
Worst Medical Experience I've Ever Had
This was the most unnecessarily painful medical experience I've ever had to live through. Along with that, this doctor did nothing to try to ease the pain although he was "supposedly" using "conscious sedation". His assistance was rude and unhelpful. He appeared too rushed to answer questions my daughter wanted to ask while I was in the recovery room. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone I know and I have asked my primary care doctor to please stop referring patients to him.