Dr. Brett Gochnour Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Brett Gochnour?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

April 27th, 2016

Stear Clear of Dr Gouchnour

I moved here from NC to stay with friends while I go through the Social Security Disability process. It was my only alternative to being homeless in NC. I have Extensive health issues. I made an appointment at the FHS Rupert office shortly after relocating. I brought with me a health record of all past and present health issues, a list of ALL the specialists I was seeing in NC, and every bottle or tube of medication prescribed to me. Dr. Gouchnour in his infinite wisdom decided on my first visit with him that he knows better than two specialists, a Neurologist and a Gastroenterologist and various primary care physicians. These specialists hail from a world renowned hospital, UNC NC. Dr. Gouchnour refused to prescribe two of my long standing medications, one for GERD and one for Fibromyalgia, without having a plan of action to treat my medical conditions. Both of which the specialists at UNC said my primary care could continue my treatment as they did not need a specialist to treat. I had my Rheumatologist at UNC say that Primary Care Doctors are who are to treat Fibromyalgia now. Dr. Gouchnour refused. He wants me to go see a "specialist"! Seriously?! MInd you there is No other doctor at this clinic. I contacted the Burley clinic and was refused, as they are not taking new patients they said. I have never had such unethical shenanigans go on with a physicians office. Granted we live in this little town, but I have reasonable expectations not to have my health put in jeopardy by a doctor. This isn't rocket science. If I had insurance I would've gone elsewhere. I will have to drive to Twin Falls, which is almost an hour away just to be seen by a Primary Care doctor. I recommend others do as well, because you put your health at risk by going to FHS.

August 5th, 2010

THIS DOCTOR IS NOTHING BUT A PILL PUSHER. HE HAS NO CONCEPT OF HOW TO EVEN TO TALK TO HIS PATIENTS. I CAN'T BELIEVE THERE ISN'T MORE COMPLAINTS ABOUT HIM. I DO NOT RECOMMEND HIM FOR ANY PATIENT THAT NEEDS MORE THAN A BLOOD PRESSURE OR TEMPERATURE READ.

August 22nd, 2016