Dr. Brett Hampton MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Oxon Hill, MD

January 3rd, 2014
Great doctor
I liked him from the get-go. Upon first meeting him, he listened intently to all the symptoms I had. He also let me ask ALL the questions I wanted to (and I'm an athlete, so I obviously have about 500 questions anytime something goes wrong with my body.) I never feel rushed. I feel like he is caring and compassionate, but he also won't bullsh!t you. Sometimes as a doctor, you've got to tell your patients what they don't want to hear (like a pelvic stress fracture and NO running for months... ugh) and he does a good job of giving it to you straight, which I appreciate. He is quite knowledgeable, which I would expect from a doctor but the thing I liked most is that he did not talk down to me. I know a lot about the body, MRIs (because I've sadly had so many, I know how to read the films myself. Sad, huh?) and injuries, and he recognized that right away, and talked to me as such. Great doctor, will definitely go back, and would surely recommend him to anyone.

May 26th, 2011
Hip Replacement has changed my life
Dr. Hampton asked me on my first visit what my expectation was for the total hip replacement that he was going to do. I told him I wanted my life back (walking my dog, going up and down steps without being in pain and being able to cut the grass) and that is exactly what he did. After six weeks I was able to go back to work at about 85% capabilities (I drive a truck for a living) and after 7 1/2 weeks I'm almost at 100%. After the surgery I had a physical therapist come to my house 3 times a week. After I was oked for outpatient physical therapy I went 3 times a week and started working out at home on the other days. I can't say enough about how physical therapy has helped in my recovery; you need to know that the effort that you put into physical therapy is equal to the benifit you will receive! It's important for you to know that I'm not a gym rat, instead I'm a 300lb 59 year old guy who wanted his life back and thanks to Dr. Brett Hampton and my therapist Ted Wong I have it back.