Dr. Brett Gilbert MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Raleigh, NC

May 16th, 2017
I shouldn't have waited so long
I am 43 years old and had a left total hip arthroplasty (hip replacement) a little over a month ago. My results are fantastic to date and I cannot wait to see where I end up after my 90 day range of motion restrictions are lifted. Certainly, the best part is NO MORE PAIN! I wish I had not waited almost two years: the anti-inflammatory meds and cortisone injections provided little to no relief. I missed out on too much. I highly recommend Dr Gilbert: his approach in clinic was to provide all the information and treatment options so that I could make an informed decision (without undue pressure to move forward with surgery). It was always there as an option when I was ready. My experience with surgery was very efficient (I was home by lunch the day after surgery), and based on my recovery thus far it was also highly effective.

April 6th, 2017
Look no further! You have found an exceptional surgeon in Dr. Brett Gilbert.
I am 54 years old and had a full hip replacement. I am so pleased with every part of working with Dr. Gilbert, his P.A. Al Teel, and the Emerge Ortho staff in Apex. The NC Specialty Hospital in Durham is a gem. I had no complaints during my 30 hour stay. If you are hesitant to have your hip replaced, don't be. Recovery is nothing compared to the discomfort before surgery. And you will feel so much better that you'll be ready to get back to life again with your mobility restored. Best of luck!

February 24th, 2017
Excellent surgeon and staff
I had total knee replacement 6 weeks ago. Not only was the surgery successful, but Dr. Gilbert and his staff have been very responsive to my calls and have taken the time to answer all of my questions.

February 11th, 2017
The best doctor I have ever been serviced by. I recommend him to anyone needing Total Hip replacement. only five weeks since my surgery and I am pain free and asking for surgery on the other hip.

February 2nd, 2017
Successful hip replacement 7 years ago. Annual checkups have shown no issues. I now am back to my walking routine, 4+ miles a day.

January 24th, 2017
Total Knee was a Total Success
Dr. Gilbert and his staff were the best in preparing me to get a total knee replacement. My entire experience was totally professional. The PT Staff for rehab were able to get me rehabbed in a timely manner and with fantastic results. This is the place for replacements....

January 3rd, 2017
Very efficient office - excellent surgeon and staff - NC Specialty Hospital was a wonderful facility - size mattered. Physical therapist was also excellent - very personable - motivational - challenging. It's important to maintain a PT schedule AND twice-a-day exercise program at home. I was not using a cane after 3 weeks post-op.

November 13th, 2016
Excellent choice for joint replacement surgery
Dr. Gilbert and his team changed my life! From the first visit, I knew he was confident, competent, pays attention to detail, and was caring about my problem and offering a solution.

October 31st, 2016
Total Knee Replacement
Exactly 9 weeks after my surgery I went on a 5 day backpacking trip and two weeks later participated in another 5 day trip. Kudos to Dr. Gilbert and his support team. After a year and a half, my knee seems to continually get better.

August 24th, 2016
great doctor
wonderful doctor takes time with patient

August 23rd, 2016
Dr. Gilbert is a caring surgeon who clearly wants you to have a good experience. He uses less invasive techniques that help you to heal more quickly. Dr. Gilbert is willing to take time with you and answer your questions. he explains things so that you do not have surprises. He is encouraging and clearly wants you to heal in the best way possible. He uses NC Specialty Hospital and they are the best there is. Every person from check-in to taking you to the car to leave wants you to have a good experience. They are careful that you understand what needs to be done and what the meds are doing. They really work to see that your pain level is tolerable. The physical therapists at Triangle Ortho make sure you know what to do and work hard to see that you can continue the exercises at home. Clair is very good to see that your "daily living" questions are dealt with. I highly recommend Dr. Gilbert.

August 19th, 2016
Exceptional treatment from start to finish
I am 65 and injured my knee exercising. My physician referred me to Dr. Gilbert. MRI confirmed i needed surgery and 2 weeks later i went in for out patient surgery. I used a walker /cane and pain medication for only 3 days. i started PT on the 2nd day and followed for 5 weeks. this was my first surgery ever and I could not have asked for better results.Today i am pain free and moving as i was post injury. I plan to start back exercising in 2 weeks. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Gilbert, his staff, the physical therapists i worked with and the facility in Durham where i had my surgery. It's not everyday you can have a great experience from start to finish but i did and the care and treatment I received was exceptional in all respects. Dr. Gilbert is a a true credit to his profession .