Dr. Brett Gilbert MD Patient Reviews

4.7

February 24th, 2017
Excellent surgeon and staff
I had total knee replacement 6 weeks ago. Not only was the surgery successful, but Dr. Gilbert and his staff have been very responsive to my calls and have taken the time to answer all of my questions.

February 11th, 2017
The best doctor I have ever been serviced by. I recommend him to anyone needing Total Hip replacement. only five weeks since my surgery and I am pain free and asking for surgery on the other hip.

February 2nd, 2017
Successful hip replacement 7 years ago. Annual checkups have shown no issues. I now am back to my walking routine, 4+ miles a day.

January 24th, 2017
Total Knee was a Total Success
Dr. Gilbert and his staff were the best in preparing me to get a total knee replacement. My entire experience was totally professional. The PT Staff for rehab were able to get me rehabbed in a timely manner and with fantastic results. This is the place for replacements....

January 3rd, 2017
Very efficient office - excellent surgeon and staff - NC Specialty Hospital was a wonderful facility - size mattered. Physical therapist was also excellent - very personable - motivational - challenging. It's important to maintain a PT schedule AND twice-a-day exercise program at home. I was not using a cane after 3 weeks post-op.

November 13th, 2016
Excellent choice for joint replacement surgery
Dr. Gilbert and his team changed my life! From the first visit, I knew he was confident, competent, pays attention to detail, and was caring about my problem and offering a solution.

October 31st, 2016
Total Knee Replacement
Exactly 9 weeks after my surgery I went on a 5 day backpacking trip and two weeks later participated in another 5 day trip. Kudos to Dr. Gilbert and his support team. After a year and a half, my knee seems to continually get better.

August 24th, 2016
great doctor
wonderful doctor takes time with patient

August 23rd, 2016
Dr. Gilbert is a caring surgeon who clearly wants you to have a good experience. He uses less invasive techniques that help you to heal more quickly. Dr. Gilbert is willing to take time with you and answer your questions. he explains things so that you do not have surprises. He is encouraging and clearly wants you to heal in the best way possible. He uses NC Specialty Hospital and they are the best there is. Every person from check-in to taking you to the car to leave wants you to have a good experience. They are careful that you understand what needs to be done and what the meds are doing. They really work to see that your pain level is tolerable. The physical therapists at Triangle Ortho make sure you know what to do and work hard to see that you can continue the exercises at home. Clair is very good to see that your "daily living" questions are dealt with. I highly recommend Dr. Gilbert.

August 19th, 2016
Exceptional treatment from start to finish
I am 65 and injured my knee exercising. My physician referred me to Dr. Gilbert. MRI confirmed i needed surgery and 2 weeks later i went in for out patient surgery. I used a walker /cane and pain medication for only 3 days. i started PT on the 2nd day and followed for 5 weeks. this was my first surgery ever and I could not have asked for better results.Today i am pain free and moving as i was post injury. I plan to start back exercising in 2 weeks. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Gilbert, his staff, the physical therapists i worked with and the facility in Durham where i had my surgery. It's not everyday you can have a great experience from start to finish but i did and the care and treatment I received was exceptional in all respects. Dr. Gilbert is a a true credit to his profession .

August 2nd, 2016
Like New Again
When faced with the prospect that the pain in my hip might be more than temporary, my primary care doctor referred me to Dr Gilbert. He explained everything from the beginning in simple to understand terms, didn't rush me into any decisions, and told me I would know when the time came to have something done. He performed a complete hip replacement on me. The pain I had before the surgery was completely gone and I left the hospital the next evening. I was off the walker in a week, cane for another two weeks, and finished with therapy in 6 weeks. Now I am going to the local YMCA to finish the strengthening process. Dr Gilbert's staff has been there throughout the process answering questions and getting any paperwork I needed to me the same day. I highly recommend Dr Gilbert if you need anything done concerning your hip.

July 21st, 2016
My experience was a good as a knee replacement could be. Dr. Gilbert's surgical expertise combined with the PT staff at Triangle Orthopedics resulted in a fully functional knee that works as it should. It is difficult to see how one could ask for a better outcome.